Petition to stop the proposed ban on sluicing in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't forget to share the petition guys, signing is fantastic but the only way to reach our 5000 signature goal is to share, share, share.

Yeh that would be right just got my walbanker ready for a run this weekend and now the greenies want to ban it, very rude chopper very rude!!!!!!
oh and I've signed and shared it :mad: :mad:

I would ask my dad to sign but trying to explain to mum why the old mans signiture is all over the screen of her new ipad would be a wee bit more difficult than anyone could imagine. :8
I'll give it a go anyway....

I just read the petition. I'll sign it shortly, but I must point out the ban is in National parks as outlined in the government response to the Veac report which has the support of the Greens, not tabled by them. Although they may in the future table further restrictions it is only the existing national parks where it has previously been allowed and the 8 new areas to be opened up. Otherwise fantastic effort.

I just read the petition. I'll sign it shortly, but I must point out the ban is in National parks as outlined in the government response to the Veac report which has the support of the Greens, not tabled by them. Although they may in the future table further restrictions it is only the existing national parks where it has previously been allowed and the 8 new areas to be opened up. Otherwise fantastic effort.

While I think this is true this is not the way it is being portrayed in the media so there is an option that this ban could go further if there is support from the public.

Hi All
I am not usualy one to talk openly on the internet or with emails. It is to easy for people to miss interperate the message you are trying to get across. Any way I registered with the Forum today ( I am not a 'non member lurker' anymore :) ) becuase I am discusted and very angry that a minority and individuals can publicly lie and twist the truth to perswade political decision in this way. As some one said earlyer 'it is time to say No. enough is enough'.
We all should be trying to get as many people as possible to sign this petition, but not just prospectors. This is an attack on any one who enjoys the out doors from people who enjoy four wheel driving to hunters and even Mountain bike riders (we have had parts of our local National parks locked up to mountain bike riding). If these green groups have a win with this they will only move onto the next easy target, it might and probably will include further restrictions on Prospecting (this is hinted at in the VEAC report) or it could be any other out door activity that may have any impact on the environment. I wouldn't put it out of the realms of possibility that Bushwalking gets restricted at some point in time.
If these controls get past as law to the full detail in the Veac report I would be devistated. Some of the most memerable times I have had with my dad and 6 year old son have been in our local bush prospecting.
Please support and share this petition.
Matt.

Goldtarget said:

Based on the response to the VEAC report from Minister for Environment and Climate Change (Ryan Smith), it would seem the proposed ban will apply to ALL National Parks right of the bat. As previously mentioned, the media is suggesting the ban will apply to all of Victoria. I'm sure the true nature of the ban will surface very soon.

Accordingly, in line with VEACs recommendations there will be eight new areas opened to recreational prospecting. The
Victorian Government has also taken a decision, based on VEACs advice, to no longer allow any mechanical equipment
to be used for recreational prospecting, or the processing of materials, anywhere in Victorias national parks
(this does not
include metal detectors). There will also be a review of compliance with new regulations one year from the implementation
of the new prospecting areas. These areas remaining open to recreational prospecting will be subject to the outcome of
the review.

http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/document...o-VEAC-Prospecting-Investigation-Feb-2014.pdf (Page 3)

My input as voiced.
Quote "Sluicing and High Bankering has no adverse impact on any type of bio diversity in any known way. This country was built on Fossiking and Prospecting. This type of ban imposes a threat to what is truly a time honored tradition. If this goes ahead, Think of all the Eco Tourist dollars lost as we the time honored people who just for a bit of fun spend many dollars in what we do just to capture only a small amount of Gold in our pans. This Ban is nothing short of destroying our past time and a heritage on what this country was built.
On a political note, Please commit suicide." unquote
This type of scaremongering is, Bullsh?t

The worst part is many of us Prospectors were duped into supporting the VEAC during their "Investigation into Additional Prospecting Areas in Parks" rubbish, and in doing so we shot ourselves in the foot :mad:

Folk's,
Just remember what state of Australia had the only Green political party that at least got in.
Please, Do Not Start Me On Radical Politics.
I have said enough.
THX,

Doug

Nugget said:
Goldtarget said:

Based on the response to the VEAC report from Minister for Environment and Climate Change (Ryan Smith), it would seem the proposed ban will apply to ALL National Parks right of the bat. As previously mentioned, the media is suggesting the ban will apply to all of Victoria. I'm sure the true nature of the ban will surface very soon.

Accordingly, in line with VEACs recommendations there will be eight new areas opened to recreational prospecting. The
Victorian Government has also taken a decision, based on VEACs advice, to no longer allow any mechanical equipment
to be used for recreational prospecting, or the processing of materials, anywhere in Victorias national parks
(this does not
include metal detectors). There will also be a review of compliance with new regulations one year from the implementation
of the new prospecting areas. These areas remaining open to recreational prospecting will be subject to the outcome of
the review.

http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/document...o-VEAC-Prospecting-Investigation-Feb-2014.pdf (Page 3)
Duly noted. Might strap a detector onto a sluice and patent it. Or build a 1200 long pan. Im interested because two places I go Eldorado and Bendigo will go. We've all seen the gold from there.

Its the review in 12 months after that is the interesting point. If they find its to their liking they'll probably extend it. I couldn't care tless about the new areas, check them out on a map, apart from the fact they won't be able to be accessed for some of the year you'll need the determination of a sherpa to get to it. The two I've mentioned above are the bread and butter locations for the average prospector.

Because I grew up in communist country I value freedom a lot. No one should take away our right to what we like to do as long as we not harming anyone. We are certainly not harming the environment or each other.

Latest posts