Wee Jasper

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
ChrisM said:
Nice one Col.
Good to hear that the car wasent a major disaster also.

You know it's your lucky day when a blown head gasket ends up being a buggered thermostat. :)

O'yah $400 instead of $1500 plus I'll take that any day only drama with 4x4's when they break their expensive.

Col

thats a really nice vibrant green you got there, like the idea i dont think there is anythything on this planet that tackles blackberries propa, they are unstoppable, but there is one way, quantum mechanics states that the blackberry bush can be in two places at once, so if you understand this you should be able to just walk straight to the river

Diggerdude said:
I haven't looked at the rules recently, but since when aren't you allowed to highbankers in state forest? You were allowed to last year when I checked.

DD

I talked to the Tumut NSW Forests office.

No problem of course with Highbankers.

The diggings are in State Forest.

Nothing has changed except the lack of water there.

Local property owner doesn't like people using a Highbanker there in the State Forest because the creek leads to private property and it well might mess up the water flow.

Just pan or remove wash to a town stream for a bigger effort with the HB.

Hay people
We went there on sunday and Wals right.
BLACKBERRIES BLACKBERRIES
need a D9 down there to clear them out.lol
i pulled on the waders and walked down and down but to no avail.
theres two spots to dig in but thats also where everyone else has been digging,
Maybe we should do a forum blackberry cul,
Anyway just a heads up
Cheers
Ryan

Been like that for several years now Ryan, and once that stuff has hold its usually "lights out". :mad: What's even worse is the damn things don't even fruit, so how useless is that. :eek:

Cheers Wal.

wal, what happens if you eat them, they go from red to black when ripe black, we used to eat them by the handfull, do you think this is ok, we never got sick but also didn't think much of it, hate to be eating something you think is good but rather it's not so good

Blackberries are great to eat charlie, but the ones at Mcphersons seem to stay extremely small, and for some reason only very few ever seem to ripen. Great for making jam, but i wish they were never introduced to Australia.

Cheers Wal

Careful eating them, in a few state forests I've seen warning signs not to eat them as they are sprayed with herbicides. If not sprayed they are great to eat. Damn things will take over the whole country one day.

baby goat is good I have heard like lamb older goat not so good plum jam on roast meat is the best :)

richo966 said:
baby goat is good I have heard like lamb older goat not so good plum jam on roast meat is the best :)
Under one condition, they must eat the blackberries first :)

Heatho said:
Careful eating them, in a few state forests I've seen warning signs not to eat them as they are sprayed with herbicides. If not sprayed they are great to eat. Damn things will take over the whole country one day.
you can usually see if they have been sprayed, as the colour of the herbicide is reddish, at least where we have been going 4x4.

i hate those things.
them screeching on the side of the car is really painful to listen to..........

Going to head to wee jasper this week end maybe one full day I'll be able to let you know what it is like with the scrub? Wish me luck

Latest posts