5kg of Trout maybe more?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at native dog last weekend and found a huge dead trout in the water defiantly bigger than my pan the water seemed to be fouled as there were some dead yabbies near it as well.

nice catch of trout pretty even...are they stocked or natural spawning.. i'm from Canada , spent 30 years as trout guide in summers. best eating fish from the cold high mountain waters. taste bad from the warm water, we call it getting" muddy" fight like a buggr in the high country too, has taken me 45minutes to land a big one

Cheers guys :) , forgot this was my post - saying that it's almost been a year since I've used my rods.

Nice catch
i have had days like that
by brother and I play the Pepsi challenge
a snag, (this includes a leaf) a strike or a droped fish.
change over until you stuff up
it is the only way to fish some ot the small streams and creeks,
we normally only keep the ones that are gill hooked
or if out for a few days, a few for the fire to eat

1423258877_.facebook_2014097523.jpg

this is a few years ago now,
but it went 13.09kg
got him in taz on 4lb line
took almost 3 hrs to land by hand, as there was no way it was fitting in my little fly fishing net

Got him put on the wall
unfortunately it dissappeared with the ex-wife
with a lot of my other things

wow, that's a monster mate, the biggest ive got is 2.5 kg, one of the customers at our resort got a 13.5 pounder which was record size for our area. I havnt got any pics, but if you google rock island lake fishing camp theres some good pics. and the noise you'll hear is a loon hollering

Great haul there Joe
Rainbow trout are one of my fave fish to eat...caught them in Fish river easy of Bathurst as a kid and even in the Macquarie at Bathurst many moons ago.

That is one brute of a buck Brownie XIV, great effort on 4lb line and no suitable landing net.
Tassie is a magic place for Trout fishing and I'm longing to get back to the Central Highlands again with the fly gear.

Horse said:
Great haul there Joe
Rainbow trout are one of my fave fish to eat...caught them in Fish river easy of Bathurst as a kid and even in the Macquarie at Bathurst many moons ago.

Cheers Horse, haven't come across rainbow in these waters and yes they taste better than brown.

Latest posts