Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's the technical answer,
The 3 digit number refers to the fineness of gold in parts per 1000. The fineness of gold is used to calculate its value. 9ct gold is 9 parts in 24gold. If you multiply 9/24 by 1000 you get 375 gold.
cheers deepblue

Thanks guys, you have made my day :D . Slowflow dont give up mate. So far only $1.25 for me. :)

All those ring pulls,bottle tops etc ,make me so cross .

What a way to spend Easter.

Just looked at the following you tube review. Saw some left over at aldi manly a couple of weeks back.

Shows a set up to avoid ring pulls & bottle tops, hope it's that simple :cool:

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/dJX8ricN9nc[/video]

Good find Dozer ;) any gold is good gold mate :)

Ive tried and tried to get one of them Aldi jobs but every store in Vic sold out in a few days.
There was one on Ebay last week for $135 i think it was but it went real quick, i asked many Aldi stores when
the next batch is due and how many and they all said "dont know when or how many" the depot just
sends em out in batches and then thats it until next batch..

P&R

Dozer said:
If only I can do that in the gold fields Joe...
Never know George, just think if the old diggers had the $99 aldi detector in 1850's :)

Wow...I'm sold. I'll pick one up as my first detector to learn to ropes and dare I say it...have a little fun.

Nice one Dozer.
Im so tempted to start on a religious rant and use lame word association to congratulate you on your discovery..........
But I wont.
Well done mate. Thats another notch on the Aldi detector for you.
Now go back and find the chain it was attached to and stop getting lazy.....lol

ChrisM said:
Nice one Dozer.
Im so tempted to start on a religious rant and use lame word association to congratulate you on your discovery..........
But I wont.
Well done mate. Thats another notch on the Aldi detector for you.
Now go back and find the chain it was attached to and stop getting lazy.....lol

I was looking for the chain Chris, but I got hungry...lol :eek:
My trusty chef was nowhere to be found :(

chain may not be in same area or even lost. Chains with items on can come apart & often one part either chain or item gets caught in clothing for a while. sometimes it is found by owner in that clothing but the other piece can't be found as they often don't know where it was lost. Example chain may have fallen into the Bra of woman but cross has fallen off. I have picked up chains in past & other pieces that should of been on a chain but never together.

Went to 3 Aldi stores today...all gone...none on eBay. How can a crappy (it appear not so) $99 detector be so hard to get?

If anyone see one please let me know or is willing to sell me theirs and a reason price...I'll buy it.

GOLD Billyen,
I was in Manly Aldi 2 weeks ago & they had some. Manly is a pretty large store & they have a huge middle section. Maybe call them to confirm.

If they came out in Jan & they still had some 2 weeks ago I'd say its possible they are still there.

If you call be persistent & ask the person to check well for them.

Cheers,
Laurence

Got 1 today. Just did a bunch of Air tests. The recommended setting from that Adli youtube review are the go (That seems to be the ONLY adli detector review)

By setting it to his suggestion, it disregards nails and other junk and picks up coins and a gold ring. How sweet is that?!

I'm so keen for the morning! I wonder what I'll be up to tomorrow?

So far I believe the only real "good" settings are...

-Sensitivity: I tried many tests but unless you have it maxed or close to it it would pick anything up.

-Discrimination: it seems to be the key to making it work or getting rid of the junk. Which it seems to do well.

The only weird setting I haven't figured out is when you notch. You get the bars on both sides (second line from the top) move in and out. Any ideas...the manual is useless.

-The Notch thing I have no idea. It say in the book that you can select which metals you wish to discriminate. The bars stay on far sides and move in together at the same time. I tried every metal I had on the farthest extreme and it picked up nothing. Then all metals on the inside extreme. Nothing. I was concerned it wasn't working so I pressed "all metal" and it was back to normal and worked fine.

I'd say stay away from this notch thing...unless some else has figured it out.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. :cool:

Great find Dozer. I have used mine once and found a fishing hook. An old sardine tin and a corroded 5c piece. All items were deeper than 4 cm.. this think works. I will be taking it to the field w me. I have tried an experiment with a vial of gold. It is fine flour gold and it picked it up easy at about 6 cm in dry sand.

Good luck out there Aldi owners

Cheers Tone :)

Anyone want to swap one these units for a GPX 5000? .. Had the bloody thing for nigh one three years now, and all I've ever managed to pick up is about four and a half kilos of that pretty yellow stuff!

Latest posts