Metal Detector control box screws

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Again
Due to putting a post in the wrong section can I put it here
Just a question please.
With the concern for magnetic and micrwaves being of influence to metal detectors would non stainless screws on the box eg magnetic be a problem.
Most are SS but the end cover has several of the screws that are magnetic. Look the same but are not.
I assume the others are ss, wondered if the odd screws so close to the circuit boards can cause them to be infuenced.
Thanks
Brett

Non metallic screws, nuts no steel safety boots, watches,wedding rings etc. Power lines, electric fences and metal on the end of shoelaces can throw you offtrack.
Hope that solves your problem. :)

Wow Jaros I wish my Pizza was delivered that quick.
I cut and pasted it into " Metal Detectors with apology.
Can delete if needed.
Regards
Brett

I know sounds silly but no coins in shoes

Balmain Bob told me of a lady he had taken detecting in HE
Detector going off all day
When they got back to camp the lady had gum boots on and when she took them off their was a coin in one gum boot

Hi all just wondering lm new at detecting ,i got a GM 1000 for Christmas been out to Elderado and around beechworth with my brother in law ,oh by the way l have struck gold yet ,howerver did pick up a 1951 threepence has any one here detected the plenty river at all as lm thinking it may be a nice spot

Latest posts