Any good?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad choice plenty of spares all over the country should you ever need any. If it's what you're looking for and you don't need a lot of space you would have a ball travelling around in a converted troopy.

Almost any mechanically reliable 4x4 and a camper trailer or small off road caravan might be an alternative choice to consider.
Some can do it with 4x4 a swag and the minimum of camp gear ..others like a bit more comfort ..

That site has a lot of camper vans for sale that are ex 4x2 rentals vans (combi type vans) which are ok for touring around but not really suitable for exstensive off road remote traveling.

Oldie Goldie, It all depends on your financial budget ,what level of comfort your looking for when you are camped out bush and weather you want to be able to set up your camp in a place a 2 wheel drive vehicles cant get to. Also do you still want a vehicle to use and not have to pack up camp every time you want to do so.
Another thing I noticed searching on that site was the price of 4x4s is pretty steep ..a 1994 prado for near $10k ????

I got a conversion done on my Transit Connect LWB ( Grand Tourneo Connect ), It pretty simple but I can switch it back to hauling people in under 3 minutes,

It would be better if it had a walk through and move those cupboards so they go all along one side and not across from left to right, And a Pop top roof would be the way to go, High top roofs are good but they can cause a few issues like underground parking places or places where they have height barriers etc, With a Pop Top you can get in most places and you will save fuel and you won't have so much wind noise on the highway and cross winds won't be a problem either,

Hope that helps

Latest posts