The ultimate patch finder coil configuration

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coiltek just posted this pic on their Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/Coiltek of an alternate configuration for the 40x20 coil

1384154030_img_196496119358491.jpeg

Pretty cool idea. What do you guys reckon?

Not a bad rig - be pretty good on the WA salt grounds - nice and flat operating surface. I have seen the 'buggy' set up at Goldsearch at Dunolly. Sure beats lugging around the big coils.

hi
I have the "buggy" set from goldsearch with the 40x20 nugget finder mono and have found that I can cover more ground in a day (swing wider) with the 24x12 eppy nugget finder when looking for patches, but the 40x20 buggy is great for going over the patch for deep ones. it seems better than the 25" round nugget finder mono even though it shouldn't.
I reckon it has something to do with the eppy's having more turns in the wiring.
regards trashy

At first i had a bit of chuckle, but what else could you make the trolley out of that doesn't sound of the coil. There is an old fellow up here that machined his lawnmower wheels out of Ironwood. That was ten years ago and yep they are still going strong :)

Looks like something "Freddy and Barnie" would use from the "Flintstones"....Just needs to be dragged around behind "Dino"....man am i showing my age... :D

here is the commercially available trolly. These are serious bits of kit for serious prospecting. (original pic from Goldsearch Australia - Dunolly)

One of the reasons is that when we use these big coils with a normal detector set-up, you generally have a counter-weight to balance out the load. These trollys have replaced long knackering days I can tell you. Some folk 'syndicate' trollys to even out the costs. They are especially good if working in a minimum of two.

1384162287_aaaa.jpg

There is on going for a decent price on eBay listed under "coiltek super detector" looks a better build than the one at the top and under $500

Good idea for flatish ground .... Where i am its all hilly and swampy ground...good idea thou

Here is another coil that I saw which I thought was just a mocked up one but they seem fair dinkum after seeing the ones above
1384752741_coil1s.jpg

You gotta be a serious detector to use one. From the areas I've been to in Vic, there aren't to mant clear spots to use it.

Latest posts