Builds By Baz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of fun up the ladder with the wide-angle lens.

The hangar work continues, with dividing walls, electricity, 10A, 15A and 3 phase circuits, natural gas heating, insulation, machinery and ongoing tool/floor-space optimisation, mezanine storage on the other side of the dividing wall and more.

QTCgBLY.jpg

hfqEbJB.jpg

s9lfSVt.jpg

Just a few more $$$ and I will get to work on the Viper again.

Stepping up my game.

My first solo Bowie. Ten inch blade.

Just finished tonight after weeks of nervous and careful progress on this one.

This blade has been a real challenge. It has taken me outside my comfort zone a few times and I have spent a lot of time just looking at it at different stages, thinking before I did each stage. The wood is Gidgee and the blade is 5160 steel. My thanks to Jackson Rumble JS, for his coaching.

lEiPSnF.jpg

BOOYAAAAHHHH!! FRAK YEAH! Finally back to the Viper build!

My other major projects are all but done, so it's time to get stuck into it.

Last night I started by pulling all the plywood cladding off the landing gear and started to replace it with steel. I am also fitting concealed axle mounts in the skids, so I can put temporary wheels on each one, for moving the ship when needed.

As I go, I am repairing all the damaged polystyrene, caused by moving it around the property. I've already spent some time realigning modules that have shifted, so the fit is flush.

When I can, I will look at getting the canopy along to an aluminium welding service to get it solidified, positioning brackets removed, then get some polycarbonate windows fitted into it.

The turbines, front and rear need to be tuned and joined with through- driveshafts, then belted to a clutched, central drive motor. I've pulled out the front turbine fans to get a clear look through the nacelle and plan it out.

I repaired the wiring of some of the cockpit instruments last night. The sound system needs more work.

The wing frames need to be welded together, fitted then skinned, then fit the cannons.

Plans for an 8 metre low-rider trailer are in the works, with fold down sides and removable roof, for weatherproofing, security and transport to shows.

Lots to do.

Baz.

UJUWKyv.jpg

ay7FMnp.jpg

Mp4Tszt.jpg

L2abOre.jpg

3XvcUsH.jpg

JeslkZq.jpg

UudeR3Q.jpg

JcSSSl8.jpg

wqhnSWh.jpg

56FqUA5.jpg

Sandbagger said:
Finished the ten inch Bowie, then had a go at some more advanced leather sheath making. I absolutely hate doing leather work.

Baz.

https://i.imgur.com/lEiPSnF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Z23jbm4.jpg

I rather like basic leatherwork and have made 5 axe & tomahawk masks as part of axe restoration work I have done over the last 6 months. But doing the fancy stuff is not my cup of tea. That knife is a real thing of beauty.

Rob P.

Sandbagger...Your Bowie is just outstanding mate!...What would one of these cost me mate.PM if you like.

Latest posts