Lucky lark?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these?? Im clueless came with my gp3000

1585646201_955f4c09-349b-4ee8-a02c-88ccac3369db.jpg

Its a li-ion battery system for your detector.
It has a built in amplifier, you can plug your headphones or a speaker into it.

Does it charge up and run your detector?

Cheers Mick

I havent used one, but have read of several who have, & most seem to reckon they were good.
Its a bit of a brick compared to todays units, but if you scored it thrown in with your GP, then your bonus.
It should still serve you well (assuming its working ok)
If you want a data/spec sheet on it, just go see the people at Reeds Prospecting, now in Midvale..

DED

Brilliant system made by a bloke in Perth name Frank Horvath and sold mostly through Reeds.

Pays to keep a spare fuse in your tool box (under the little screw cap) just incase it blows out bush. Battery cells can be replaced easily by yourself and are readily available from Ebay.

No longer made, but the next model was the Bat Pak which I was lucky enough to get a prototype of. They had switchable voltage and both 4 and 5 pin plug and done away with the mouse for charging.

Another question guys! It never came with a charger. It has the charging mouse but no adapter.

I've got a couple of spares. what one should i use.

They are the following

12V 3A
12V 1.2A
7.5V 200mA

Rockwall said:
Nightjar said:
All day and some!
Brilliant gadget.

not wrong there! The audio is soooo loud on it!!! I mean on the beach and river beds i tested it out and i turned the audio down it was that loud! I've so far used it 4 times in the field without recharging the battery maybe 5 hours use?

Here's one i sold recently. This one only came with a car charger all the info is there,,.Model number TA-1.. input 12v.. output 24v.. Probably a rare beast, good luck.

1586054724_p1010034.jpg

1586054892_mm.jpg

Latest posts