Finally got myself organised

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Could not resist the price I got these for.
I will get a better set later.

From this,
1568083015_20190910_114922.jpg

Add this,
1568083077_20190910_114930.jpg

And you get this. :)
Finally, Every thing organized and put away.
I still have to bolt them down and fit the wing kit but I have plans for battery's etc.
1568083144_20190910_121256.jpg

Nice setup Tath , They look like a nice piece of kit,

Just an observation, You might want to mount the fridge on the right hand side Draw because most Pot Holes are on the left not far from the Kerb and then your fridge won't take such a bashing, Hope that helps,

Looks Great mate, Well done. :Y:

Ridge Runner said:
Just an observation, You might want to mount the fridge on the right hand side Draw because most Pot Holes are on the left not far from the Kerb and then your fridge won't take such a bashing, Hope that helps,
unless you're in the WA outback, where the roads are corrugated full width, unless the trucks have blown out pot-holes/dams that cover from one gutter to the other.
:argh: :lol:

Ded Driver said:
Ridge Runner said:
unless you're in the WA outback, where the roads are corrugated full width, unless the trucks have blown out pot-holes/dams that cover from one gutter to the other.
:argh: :lol:

LOL, Too Right, If the dirt roads are rough I have some closed cell foam to sit it on and I just don't pull the tie downs up too tight that way it absorbs some of the shock, :Y:

I have my fridge mounted on a false floor in the back.
The floor is heavy 17mm plywood which is fairly rigid but has a small amount of flex under high impact or load, topped with a 1.5mm rubber mat, then I have a closed cell foam mat under the fridge as well. The fridge is then anchored with cam-buckle tie-downs. This setup seems to take the jolts & jars very well.
My Aux battery is also mounted on a (heavier) foam mat, in a fabricated aluminium compartment that is bolted down firmly to the body (under the false floor), but the aluminium can flex under high shock loads. The battery clamp is a rectangular aluminium plate with 4 battery anchor bolts, with semi-hard rubber spacers between the clamp plate & the top of the battery.

Sounds like you really thought it out well, you got some great ideas there, I might bare them in mind when I add a draw system,

Thanks for that.

The compressor and associated is already built
for this. LOL
Another small feature of Bushman Fridges. O:)

I am looking at raising them off the floor enough to
slide me Rich 160w Panels in underneath.
I have 3 60ah AGM Long life battery's to fit along the back
Maybe 4 if I think about it.

And 2 PWM controllers to isolate both the supply and batteries.
Having batteries in the passenger compartment is an issue so,
With the motor not running, They are isolated. Think Prang.
I have some seriously thick stuff that supplies the Van so I can run
the 3 way fridge while I am driving.
With the back seats folded forwards and being a proper 90 series
mines Prado/Landcruiser, There is a huge gap.
There is a lot I can do.
But I want it kept simple so I am not stuck out in the middle of no where with
a funny look on my face drinking warm beer while the batteries are recharging. :8 :8

Funny Bugga eh. LOL
You would be in awe at the amount of gear that I carry at times
with the work I do. :8 :8
Very sensitive stuff at times. :bomb:
That big box contained a very specialized printer.
Just, sitting there,, Not used
as I repaired the one it was supposed to replace the night before. :cool: :cool:

Ded Driver said:
Aussiedigs said:
Dont kid yourself, its gunna look like the top pic on top of those draws in good time! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Everything in its place and a place for everything, amazing how quick things can become very messy, I've tried to get in the habit at the end of the day of cleaning up and tidying where I have been working, doesn't always happen but I'm getting better.
Drawers make all the difference in the back of a vehicle, drawers can be messy but back looks reasonably organised.

Where the fridge is, There is a small catch.
Undo it and the fridge and deck slides out.
It's just well, Any thing sitting behind will drop down into the drawer.

Just an " Automated Feature. " O:)

That section under the fridge is where I will have the
" Kitchen. "
For those extended stays where I could not be bothered to tow the van too.

Latest posts