White's new TDI-PRO ( Oz ) Series....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, the tone hi/lo holds true for the gpx detectors too. Probably best described in VLF terms and target ID, think of items that register above 60 on a AT Pro, they'll be a low tone and items below a high tone, except its slightly different because PI is different - especially in terms of iron.

Thanks Ben, I sort of understand what the feature does but I'm interested in knowing which conductivity setting people are using in our goldfields as I've been reading mixed information from overseas sources. Lack of instructional material online is no help at all, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out once I have the detector in hand.

Nugget' selecting one conductivity setting will always have less noise. Low for small gold high for large gold tho if you have no idea what size gold is there use All. Using low and searching for small gold will discriminate out some trash and if you tweek back the GB it will Make small gold a little more sensitive, I use low all the time and it is very very stable in high mineralization and allows you to use high gain.

Depends on the area, at coffs there was no large gold only small so I was happy to switch it to Low and get a quieter machine. Nundle is a bit different cos the biggest gold found there was 8lb, and I wouldn't want to miss that..... BUT in both you get the low tone warbles and the larger trash - but then you need to decide if you want to dig the larger trash on the chance its a big nugget. Wal's 21g piece was a solid low tone on my GPX...

Nugget said:
The control box is screwed onto the shaft not riveted (for hip and chest mounting ability), it may have been a different model.

The bracket the box is attached to with screws is rivetted to the shaft.

Ben78 said:
Nugget said:
The control box is screwed onto the shaft not riveted (for hip and chest mounting ability), it may have been a different model.

Ah, makes sense ;)

Nugget said:
Ben78 said:
Nugget said:

Ah, makes sense ;)

I've come up with a solution to the control box rivet problem :D. I'll probably get a couple of custom alluminium clamps made similar to below (painted black).

(two over the shaft screwed into the control box)

ocal-two-hole-strap.jpg

Does anyone know how to open the dam control box to install the battery? I can't tell if I'm supposed to push, pull or twist these clips and there's nothing mentioned in the manual :8

Never mind it's all sorted :D. Thumb on back of control box, index finger under the front of side clip, pull index finger towards thumb as well as pulling away from the control box.

TTKooAu said:
Put your finger on the end of the clip that has a 45 deg bevel on it. lift it away from the box and then slide the clip towards the back of the box.

Thanks mate, I ended up speaking to Dean from Gold Search Australia and he guided me through it. I'm just surprised it wasn't covered in the manual.

All in good time my friends :lol:, I hope to test it out at Nundle over a few days sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Nugget said:
TTKooAu said:
Put your finger on the end of the clip that has a 45 deg bevel on it. lift it away from the box and then slide the clip towards the back of the box.

Thanks mate, I ended up speaking to Dean from Gold Search Australia and he guided me through it. I'm just surprised it wasn't covered in the manual.

I would worry if I purchased a detector and it included an encyclopedia on how to use it 8)

Wolfau said:
Nugget said:
TTKooAu said:

I would worry if I purchased a detector and it included an encyclopedia on how to use it 8)

I wouldn't expect an encyclopedia either, but I'm sure a simple explanation of how to open the thing would be appreciated by many. Either way It's all sorted so I'm happy.

Nugget said:
Wolfau said:
Nugget said:
TTKooAu said:

I wouldn't expect an encyclopedia either, but I'm sure a simple explanation of how to open the thing would be appreciated by many. Either way It's all sorted so I'm happy.

I understand fully.

Dean is brilliant to deal with. I am absolutely amazed and gobsmacked at the service.

I would be sending an email to Dean explaining your experience where he can sort this out for any future sales even if it means creating a
word document and photocopying it and attaching it inside a box on any future ones sold.

Just my 2c anyway.

Wolfau said:
Nugget said:
Wolfau said:
Nugget said:
TTKooAu said:

I understand fully.

Dean is brilliant to deal with. I am absolutely amazed and gobsmacked at the service.

I would be sending an email to Dean explaining your experience where he can sort this out for any future sales even if it means creating a
word document and photocopying it and attaching it inside a box on any future ones sold.

Just my 2c anyway.

Dean was the person who assisted me with the clips ;). I'm not new to detectors by any means but coming over from another brand and not knowing how to open the control box does make one feel a little stupid :lol:

Apart from the DVD's, the Gold Search Australia material is quite helpful and the service received so far has been top notch.

Latest posts