gold panning and camping for families

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys we are new to the whole thing but very interested in panning and detecting for gold with ALL the kids we live in the port Stephen's area and would like to go away for Easter and give it a go just seeing if anyone has had any luck close or even up at Nundle photos and spots would be appreciated :goldpan: :pickshovel:

hi guys we ended up going to the Barrington state forest and having a look around at manning river and it was very rocky but we had a couple of pans and we came up with this not to bad for the first time with no idea on what we were doing we also had a look at gummi falls if you were going to fossick there you would have to do it in summer as the water was freezing and very deep
1555843558_screenshot_20190421-203147_gallery.jpg

Great result for first time out. The homework paid off!! Thinking of heading up to try the Gloucester tops Rivers around Rawdon Vale, just for a day out. Others do not seem to have much luck in that area, but always wanted to check out areas closer to home (Newcastle). Nundle is good family location, great caravan park, Peel river gold tends to be very fine. Gummni Falls, not to sure, but I think they are in a Conservation Area which might be out of bounds for fossickers will have to check.

I think we made the mistake and found fools gold (pyrite) it was fine but I thought it was flour gold but it broke apart instead of squashing the main thing is that we had fun doing it and I thing we will go back and have another look

Hi guys, I'm also from the Newcastle area. The trouble with The Tops is it might seem close but for a similar drive time you could get to the Mudgee area or the Nundle area. Haven't fossicked up at the Tops but it is on the to do list. It's a great family activity though and a good excuse to go and see new places. Have fun mate.

Latest posts