Howards bridge on the start of the Bridle Track

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
went for a drive today , heading for the river , got to Howards bridge and it is gonski , extreme freak rain over the last couple of days has given much run off

Must've been a few good storms out there lately. I was in an area a couple of days ago & the leaf litter had been pushed around a lot by run off. Saved raking but still did no good :p
Was a big storm coming the arvo I was there which cut my time short - good light show on the drive home.

We were sitting out the front of The Royal here in Hill End 2 nights ago and watched an intense storm head that way. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for it the be repaired

Balmain Bob said:
We were sitting out the front of The Royal here in Hill End 2 nights ago and watched an intense storm head that way. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for it the be repaired
yesterday was the one apparently , it was wild :awful:

The biggest flood in 25 years was at Peel yesterday, also the winbyndale was running a banker the 2 join together and doubled the amount to take out howards bridge , Coles bridge today water was running about 4 foot deep, the Crudine was high a few days ago but now running 2 foot deep with good flow.

robmoto said:
The biggest flood in 25 years was at Peel yesterday, also the winbyndale was running a banker the 2 join together and doubled the amount to take out howards bridge , Coles bridge today water was running about 4 foot deep, the Crudine was high a few days ago but now running 2 foot deep with good flow.
we had lunch at coles bridge , it had a good flow yesterday , we were giving the travel buddy it's first day out :cool:

borrowed images O:)

[img=...]https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49896180_1469479036517428_8307941341585735680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=b735a9de68e21255553ca904af4234b2&oe=5CC4E885[/img]

[img=...]https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49947975_2338394646398211_1990315186728206336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=56832850dccc8679b5a7e7e93abed2f4&oe=5CB65933[/img]

I went through there about 11am went up the crudine to Mudgie to get a sambo at CWPS came back through around 3 and a young couple at coles bridge told me about Howards , It was good see Bathurst council had put up the barriers at coles lol the new bridge out from me to Turondale rd went under as well but still there with small damage , the Winbyndale bridge on Sofala rd had half a lane blocked as a tree poked through the hand guard rail that looked like a telegragh pole in appearance , I got about 400 ton of fresh gravel at my place if anyone wants to sluice etc etc .

ctxkid said:
we had lunch at coles bridge , it had a good flow yesterday , we were giving the travel buddy it's first day out :cool:

Is the water very turbid up there? Planing a few days in the swag up around there this coming week.

Prob settle a fair bit by Wednesday. :goldpan:

AussieChris said:
ctxkid said:

Is the water very turbid up there? Planing a few days in the swag up around there this coming week.

Prob settle a fair bit by Wednesday. :goldpan:

it should be just right by the weekend :goldpan: :pickshovel:

Latest posts