Fat bottomed bike seat.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anolphart

Zol Straub
Reaction score
I love my mountain bike! The only problem was that my ummm err ... family jewels didnt. Ive got front suspensions and seat post suspension but somehow Id (they) would end up with a battering that brought tears to my eyes. This inhibited my rides and I would often get off my bike bow legged as a result.

Well, on Friday I fitted a wide seat made for fat bottoms. Now those of you who have met me know that I have a very cute bottom and is anything but fat, but presto no more tears, no more bowed legs and no more squeaky voice!

Awww Jaros, I like cherries! Well I DID until just now!

Sez to meself 'They're NOT like cherries! They're NOT like cherries! They're NOT like cherries! I like cherries! I like cherries ...I like' ... bleah ... nope, I can't erase that image!

At least I'm glad you didn't say mangoes!

Anolphart said:
Awww Jaros, I like cherries! Well I DID until just now!

Sez to meself 'They're NOT like cherries! They're NOT like cherries! They're NOT like cherries! I like cherries! I like cherries ...I like' ... bleah ... nope, I can't erase that image!

At least I'm glad you didn't say mangoes!

mangoes on a bike ride....ends up with red cherries :D

Anolphart said:
I love my mountain bike! The only problem was that my ummm err ... family jewels didnt. Ive got front suspensions and seat post suspension but somehow Id (they) would end up with a battering that brought tears to my eyes. This inhibited my rides and I would often get off my bike bow legged as a result.

Well, on Friday I fitted a wide seat made for fat bottoms. Now those of you who have met me know that I have a very cute bottom and is anything but fat, but presto no more tears, no more bowed legs and no more squeaky voice!

I'm having a similar problem with the seat and the umm,...cherries 8.( I'm wondering just which large derrire seat did you get ? ( I'm too polite to say fatarse O:) )

Manpa said:
Have a look at Brooks seats.

Cheers
agree a leather sprung saddle like Brooks is still the best despite the design being over 100yrs old. once they are worn in you will never find a more comfy seat. You can use a leather softener until they are the right shape then let it go hard. Few $$$ but if you want to save your balls it's worth it :Y:

I dont know why but this thread reminds me of the following picture :lol:
1553247434_8ttrmlw.jpg

Well I hate to say it but it wasn't as successful as I thought it would be. Whilst the seat was comfortable enough I felt it was dangerous. It's quite unique inasmuch it doesn't have a 'nose', (have fun and give us yer best guys). The seat was certainly ... er ... 'cherry friendly' but I didn't realise how important that nose was for balancing the bike, particularly if you take a hand off the handle bar.

I'm back in the old saddle but have added a small riser to the stem which raises my posture a little and that seems to have reduced the pressure on the sensitive bits. So far so good!

This is the seat that I tried ...
1553248242_screen_shot_2019-03-22_at_8.32.57_pm.jpg

Latest posts