Anyone make a vibrating sluice box ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apparently compaction is a problem. Just wondering if anyone has tried to make one and what they found.

Something like this.

1539320126_001.jpg

I wonder what type of riffles it uses ? Does the water run through the offset wheel and then up to the hopper ? Thanks for sending the pic, had no idea a machine like yours already existed. Closest thing I have seen is an old hose powered spin dryer washing machine contraption.

I have pinched a few fittings off it over the years, on the inlet there was a T-piece with a 1/2" outlet that had a tap on it that the small hose connected to and was used to regulate the amount of vibration. Sticker underneath the hopper gives a clue to its vintage.

1539378839_001.jpg

1539378905_002.jpg

You could bolt a orbital sander to the sluice box would vibrate it or a fan with quarter of a blade it off would not look pretty but would work just have to make sure you dont get them wet?cheers Muk.

That high banker was made by Greg Wilson the son of the owner of the shop called Prospectors home , from memory Mr Wilson started the Paramatta prospecting club which may be be the one still going today in western Sydney , I still have my high banker which has a 2 inch dredging attachment the riffles are a lazy L design and lift up with minors moss green carpet underneath a very good machine , I also have a 6 inch dredge made by Greg but have not used it for 20 years they used to buy my gold when gold was at around 600 bucks an ounce .

Eski said:
Hey Provari , looks like a good unit, why didn't you ever use it?

Got it around the time I got my first Whites GM2, a big improvement on the Garretts I had been using at the time and detecting took precedence. Bought a pump and a heap of lay-flat hose about 10 years ago with the intention of using it, that's still in the shed unused, im getting too old now. LOL

Latest posts