2018 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you don't have a huge amount of finds today but you do have all of the highly desired stuff covered plus I am loving that little zinc plane :party:

Yes you have had an extraordinary run for sure no denying it looking back at your posts :)

It couldn't have been easy to even consider that it might be time to "retire" and sell your gear :|

If you do sell you can always buy again right ;)

I wish you well whatever you do :Y:

I've thought about selling my gear too Rocket, sell the 4x4 too but I decided that seeing they owe me very little I'll just keep em. The 4x4 is still good for doing holidays like driving around national parks and on beaches and the like, even if I only take it out a few times a year it's worth having. I'll still do a bit of gold and gem hunting but not really as into it as I used to be. Much prefer the treasure hunting locally these days.

You've had a good go at it and you're bloody good at the hobby, as Scrounger said you can always buy back in if you miss it.

No matter what you do you still have the joys and thrills of finding some really awesome coins/relics/jewellery....Been a pleasure to see all that you have shared mate... :) :Y:

Hey Rocket, personally I don't care whether you sell your gear or keep it in Moth balls till you decide to go again, however, I will say that this forum will be greatly undernourished with your absence.
Think about it!
Mackka

Hey old mate.... I'm getting tired too !
Raising a glass of Cab Merlot to ya right now :D
Live long and prosper my friend ! ;)
:rainbow: 's to ya !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Maybe you just a bit of a hiatus from detecting for a while Rocket, stick the gear in the closet and see opw things pan out later in the year. I've had my moments this year too when interest/enthusiasm was waning, still find it relaxing to get out every now and again to reconnect with nature. ;)

I haven't done much beach detecting, so I pushed myself out today and had a go. Most of the coins were shallow, but a few down 30cms at least. Am sore, it's a better workout than parks, but enjoyed myself :)
1535002619_39930185_2120380504879590_1788612389952815104_n.jpg
1535002638_39905894_2121882508034110_4522919537024172032_n.jpg

Wow, the beach was kind to the 1916 penny. I found the cancer pendant that matches yours a few months ago ? Thats a good range of stuff from a beach. :Y:

Got to be happy with those results, not bad at all for a change in scenery, and plenty of silver to keep the enthusiasm up. Were they recent drops out of the sandhills or from down at the waterline? :perfect:

Hey Rocket, thank you!
Thank you for keeping me interested in this forum.
It's the members. That keep my brain active, seeing your finds , magnifying them, thinking that could have been mine.
However people like me on this forum get so much enjoyment from others adventures.
Just sayin
Thanks mate.
Mackka :playful: :inlove: :power: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice variety of finds Rocket :clap: The sand is generally easier digging if you avoid rocky beaches ;) A lot easier on the knees also :Y: The downside is the coins cop more of a flogging. :( Such is life :p Any intel on the flower cast thingy?

Latest posts