Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name if is steve and back in the 1980s l managed a surf shop.
This young bogan type fella would come in quite a lot and make some big statement and then look at me and say " aint that roight stoyve"!!!
So its always been my online eamai and forum name. :Y:

In my first incarnation to this forum I had the gold fever , so when trying to sign up I tried so many names with Gold at the start and after about 30 different goes finally found "Goldtarget". Haha if you can think of a name with gold in it I can almost guarantee that someone else has it. I didn't particular love the name but I had no idea how long I'd be here or what the site was like so I did think of it as a temporary name, but it kind of grew on me.

DWT another member here shortened that to GT when we chatted both here and outside the forum, so I kind of adopted the GT version, although there is Goldtruck here who also identifies as GT at the end of his posts.

So after a banning and a long absence I couldn't get into my old account, and had to come up with a new name, but I wanted something the members would remember me as Goldtarget, but OldGoldtarget is a bit confusing so I just dropped it down to OldGT. Ironically I'm neither old nor in the GT anymore.

Ive been wearing the Mediocritist tag for a few years, since I realised that my inability to persist with anything to the point of perfection isnt a character flaw but an interesting utility-maximising personality trait. My track record is a series of hobbies, pursued obsessively for 3 to 6 months until something else grabs my attention. Draw people, build a Jeep, play guitar, write a novel, build ukuleles, code computers, make electronic music, pan for gold...

What I enjoy is the process of learning something new.

My online nickname comes from the fact that I've always been skinny and a bit nuts !
It is interesting that some people use nicknames that others have given them , and some create their own ....

TheMediocritist said:
Ive been wearing the Mediocritist tag for a few years, since I realised that my inability to persist with anything to the point of perfection isnt a character flaw but an interesting utility-maximising personality trait. My track record is a series of hobbies, pursued obsessively for 3 to 6 months until something else grabs my attention. Draw people, build a Jeep, play guitar, write a novel, build ukuleles, code computers, make electronic music, pan for gold...

What I enjoy is the process of learning something new.
I can totally relate to that! I have a similar concentration span, it's a good name.

And OldGT I think I'll just be FPOT now. :eek:

Latest posts