LORD's 300 finds 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weighed the chunky bracelet find from yesterday
Still stoked :D
1517803653_20180205_112237_crop_747x1139.jpg

Went back for another look today, just a few more spendables to add to the tally
$72.77
1517804229_20180205_111627-2241x3984.jpg

I have not done any detecting on the grassed areas yet as I am not real confident in messing with the lawns. But i know there will be heaps of goldies there and my spots i have been going to are getting a bit thin on the finds. Might youtube some techniques and practice in the back yard so i can keep the addiction alive lol ;)

Someone mentioned in my finds thread about the "slit" method, it looks good. I posted a video in there which has both the slit and screwdriver methods which seem like the most non-destructive methods

Good luck and keep at it mate!

Went for a swing a few days ago to a new spot and produced plenty of spendables in the hour or so I was there.
1518296133_img_20180211_072201_271.jpg

I am taking a mate there tonight who has just bought a 705 and has no idea how to use it yet. Should be able to give him some targets to practice on, I just have to read the 705 manual for him so I can show him lol

A really good thread for all detectorists & newbies

A good machine as a starter , dont always need all the bells & whistles .

The 9ct chain is great

Sounds like you and the 300 are getting along well .

Cheers for the support Trash :Y:
Having a ball with my little yellow detector.

I will do some bench tests on natural nuggets to see what ID they ring up as for anyone interested. The question will be if it handles any sort of mineralised ground, I suspect not but...... Even if it can get a couple of inches in some really trashy old timers ground I can think of would be worth a look

Good work Lord - that bracelet is a beauty.

You were mentioning about detecting for pre-decs - have you looked at local parish maps? (I presume SA had them like the other states). From your pics your town looks like a mining town so there will be some chance of finding old sites nearby.

Took my mate and his brand new 705 to my honey hole tonight. I didn't find much as I was busy teaching him the ropes but we had a great time, few beers, few coins ;)
I defiantly need some time to learn the 705, very complex compared to the Ace. But he found a few bucks and was happy.
This was my efforts but as I said i was to busy helping him to give it a good crack.

1518346138_img_20180211_210559_694.jpg

But, best part of tonight's effort is I cracked the 100$ mark. So far my total for the year since I bought the ace is $104.82 :Y:

Got out for a quick hunt this morning, was on a strict timeline and had 45min to spare so went to the local oval to look just for Goldie's.

2$ ID as 77 and 1$ @83 so I set discrimination to 75 and above only, this made the junky area nice and quiet to detect.
The silvers were just a by catch as was the cool batman car :Y:
Defiantly plenty more Goldie's here when I get more time
1519010257_img_20180219_134659_317.jpg

Latest posts