Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second that. Can you move such posts to the negative ned nelly thread? :Y:

Thats the thread for the doubters, the fearful, the ill informed, the armchair critics, non holders etc

This thread is for the optimists, the foolish, the 'have a crack' jacks etc

If the ATO seriously considered crypto as gambling there would be no tax due on returns from it.

However that is not the case

My Investments of 2018 -

ByteCoin (BCN)

Ripple (XRP)

LiteCoin (LTC)

Lisk (LSK)

SiaCoin (SC)

But... Some might do shit, i don't know. Loading up on a few and going to hold until 2019.

Guys please remember, never invest what you can't afford to lose.

I'm part of a fantastic Discord group which talk about live trading etc if you want to get into that. But you might want to spend a few weeks first just learning the ropes and understanding the markets.

Also - Exchanges.

There is a hold on a few exchanges (the good ones) for new signups. This is because there has been a massive influx of people coming into crypto currency over the last few months, the sites hosting the big exchanges need to boost up their infrastructure (web hosting).
https://www.binance.com/

This will be the exchange i will be using 80% of the time. (i have a referral link - https://www.binance.com/?ref=18700815 totally up to you if you use it or not)

I'm going to be looking into CoinCube also, this is another one that might be good. but they have their new users on hold. I can report back when i see they are accepting. I will put about $500 in that as a test to see how it goes.
https://coincube.io/

***None of my info is finance advice, just what i'm up to***

mbasko said:
OldGT said:
Anyone got anything they like other than tron ?
I like Cardano (ADA) for a low priced chance. Their philosophy looks sound & I like their willingness to find a middle ground to keep users happy while still working with regulators. I think this will be important down the track, not so much now. Like it or not I believe regulators will eventually play a bigger part in cryptos so those who work with them or are preparing for it already may have a wider overall acceptance especially within industry & be in a position to better adapt to a regulatory framework?
NEO is another I like at a higher entry point. Like Cardano I like that they are willing to work with regulators a necessary evil IMO.
Both are still very speculative though so do your own research before having a punt ;)
Had a bit of trouble finding background on cardano, until I went to the charts and realised they are (relatively ) new. Big points for low entry cost. Cheers mbasko.

Neo falls outside my profile for now with recent gains, but I will be watching.

After looking around I might stake tron (low entry and slid recently), Monero (if I can find an exchange willing), and most definitely Steller Lumens, (low entry plenty of upside coming into 2018 with view to longer 3-6 month hold with profit taking when available or additional stakes on 50% rise/fall of initial buy in), and ripple for the same reasons as steller.

Will wait on lite coin, still undecided, looking for some slide or rapid gain before jumping in.

Anyone have something they use to overlay different crypto charts at the same time?

Hey guys thanks for all the amazing info.
I dont know if l am any the wiser however one thing it seems is the theme err on the side of caution.
I wish everyone who is bold enough to invest in cryptocurrency nothing but the best.
Good luck to you all and may you find your goldmine with your cryptocurrency investments.

Probably one thing to learn/understand is wallets, wallet types and wallet addressees and the varying costs and times of moving coins between wallets https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ . There are four wallet types I can think of. Paper, hardware, one that is stored on your computer and one that is held by the trader. All with varying amounts of security.Paper is the most secure but the least convenient. But I think it's a good thing to get to grips with.

Wallets aren't were your coins are kept. It's where your keys are kept to access the block chain where your coins are. That is my understanding - correct? :/

Hi Guy's
Just a quick heads up on a trend I have noticed, I call it "Freaky Friday" at the end of the week (Friday or Saturday) for some 4 weeks or so many of the top 50 Alt coins take a dive of 15% to 20% & recover very quick to plus 10%.

have a look & take note, if you are getting to the point of buying I would suggest to already have some BTC sitting in your wallet to take advantage of a drop.
cheers
Lee

OldGT said:
mbasko said:
OldGT said:
Anyone got anything they like other than tron ?
I like Cardano (ADA) for a low priced chance. Their philosophy looks sound & I like their willingness to find a middle ground to keep users happy while still working with regulators. I think this will be important down the track, not so much now. Like it or not I believe regulators will eventually play a bigger part in cryptos so those who work with them or are preparing for it already may have a wider overall acceptance especially within industry & be in a position to better adapt to a regulatory framework?
NEO is another I like at a higher entry point. Like Cardano I like that they are willing to work with regulators a necessary evil IMO.
Both are still very speculative though so do your own research before having a punt ;)
Had a bit of trouble finding background on cardano, until I went to the charts and realised they are (relatively ) new. Big points for low entry cost. Cheers mbasko.

Neo falls outside my profile for now with recent gains, but I will be watching.

After looking around I might stake tron (low entry and slid recently), Monero (if I can find an exchange willing), and most definitely Steller Lumens, (low entry plenty of upside coming into 2018 with view to longer 3-6 month hold with profit taking when available or additional stakes on 50% rise/fall of initial buy in), and ripple for the same reasons as steller.

Will wait on lite coin, still undecided, looking for some slide or rapid gain before jumping in.

Anyone have something they use to overlay different crypto charts at the same time?

Try , Bittrex, Binance & Cryptopia

cheers
Lee

I'm up 9% on my first day so far which absorbed the fees I paid too. Bought $250 worth of Litecoin from Coinbase just to get me in the game as they have very fast authentication, though only a $250 per week limit. Then I transferred that to Coinspot, I then spent half on Siacoin and half on Dogecoin. Not a bad introduction to see how it all works. Pretty keen to get my coinspot account verified so I can transfer more moolah into it.

Thats awesome seeing you guys are making some good returns!

Coinbase deposit does go up the more you use it. I'm currently at 2k a week.

A good App for your phone. Blockfolio

You can enter the amount you purchase to track your holdings. It's connected to live feeds, but your input is manual and it's not actually connected to your money.

I use it to keep an eye on everything.

Wow, how lucky am I, dont even have to buy one, theyre giving them away.....
1515396347_03f4b2b0-8490-429e-9e97-d5638846b0f4.jpg

Cheers for the tips gents, the further I venture the more I learn.

I took two important steps to ramp up today. First I watched a couple hours on YouTube of some Aussie investors and ticked off about 85% of my current questions, hopefully I'm a little more savvy.

Secondly I opened 3 accounts with different banks than who I currently bank with to see where the lowest fees are going in and out through the exchanges. I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested in the results. All 3 reps today really had zero idea of what I wanted, much less understood what I was talking about, still 4 hours well spent I think.

rc62burke said:
Hi Guy's
Just a quick heads up on a trend I have noticed, I call it "Freaky Friday" at the end of the week (Friday or Saturday) for some 4 weeks or so many of the top 50 Alt coins take a dive of 15% to 20% & recover very quick to plus 10%.

have a look & take note, if you are getting to the point of buying I would suggest to already have some BTC sitting in your wallet to take advantage of a drop.
cheers
Lee

A ex amateur trader told me that is to be expected. Friday is payday and who knows what will happen over the weekend that may effect the price. The day BitCoin took a smash was the Friday before the Xmas holidays.
Also amateurs generally trade in the morning, pro's in the afternoon. Not sure what difference that makes.

Secondly I opened 3 accounts with different banks than who I currently bank with to see where the lowest fees are going in and out through the exchanges. I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested in the results. All 3 reps today really had zero idea of what I wanted, much less understood what I was talking about, still 4 hours well spent I think.

The traders will indicate the cost of the AUD transfer from the bank weather it be PayPal, Poli pay and god knows what else.Many options.

I got a bit of advice from DropBear so we decided to give it a go. Unfortunately Coinspot seems to be a bit of a problem right now so I took a look around to see where I could buy Ripple. I signed up with etoro but found out that we were only offered CFD's and my past record on CFD's is not good. Anyway I threw a few dollars at it and as usual my buy should have been a sell :N:

Anyway all was not lost so after looking into etoro further I like to look of their copy trading. You can look into the profile and trading history of a professional trader and after selecting a good one simply copy them. It's as simple as throw some money in and press Copy and the program does the rest.

First I selected a guy with good returns and few loses and invested $1040 there. It's been a couple of days and I'm holding my breath at $9.40 ahead...I'm on my way to financial freedom ]:D

After cashing in my life insurance (I decided I won't need that after I'm gone) I paid a chunk of the mortgage and then swiftly removed a bit to have a crack at Copy Funds. I wanted to put $1000 in but the minimum was $5000 so after a few stern words from Mrs M I bit the bullet. Nearly one day down and we're -$280.89 down. Never mind there was only two ways for it to go and Mrs M told me which way it was sure to head so no surprises there :eek:

Latest posts