Metal Detecting aids for deaf people

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id say it would be just a matter of integrating it into the headphones system and having some adjustments for vibration strength.

Maybe even some sort of transducer instead of headphones might work.

I might try suss it out tomorrow with the Makro, I think I have a few transducers laying around.

Like the three tone system of the Ace just 3 different colors instead of tones. (And vibration as a substitute for tonal intensity)

silver said:
Like the three tone system of the Ace just 3 different colors instead of tones. (And vibration as a substitute for tonal intensity)

Now you're talking. I will test out the vibration first and if that seems to work well, then shouldn't be hard to add some L.E.D's to correspond with the intensity of the vibration.

The Vallon VMH3CS PI mine detector has vibration, LED alert and also audio. Having played around with one I can confirm that the vibration does indeed work :)
The other idea would be some type of bone conducting headphone...Would work for people with air conduction deficits but still intact bone conduction.

madtuna said:
A speaker and a rolled up news paper works well for hearing impaired people
May be taking a slight step bacwards though :eek:
1510533763_images-13.jpg

I got it working last night using a portable 9volt headphone amplifier connected to a small transducer got it working pretty well.

And what is great is it is a cheap setup.

Just read a few posts of someone saying it is already available and as a vest. Smart stuff.

Oh well, at least it can be done by anyone with a spare $40.

GREAT STUFF

I won't bother thinking about blind people and detecting....for obvious reasons. :eek:

I ordered a 18volt headphone amplifier (portable) to get some more juice.

When that comes, should get the vibration a bit stronger.

cool, just saw those links, they seem to be only prototypes and over kill for what I am thinking. I got it working for under $50 pretty well so I'd say with a bit more power it should be fine as is.

Vibrating jackets :eek: I reckon we'd all end up jumping around like kangaroos in the hottest parts of the Vic GT :lol:. Could come in handy in the hard packed ground :Y: with a good pick.

Latest posts