9kg Gympie nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
What's that old saying? Pics or it something something, can't quite remember. :cool:

Could have been unobtainium with a bit of gold mixed in.
Only just saw this, unobtainium :D

Goldfreak said:
Heatho said:
What's that old saying? Pics or it something something, can't quite remember. :cool:

Could have been unobtainium with a bit of gold mixed in.
Only just saw this, unobtainium :D

1503786308_index.jpg

Unobtanium market.....
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unobtanium/

:D

I Damn well wouldn't be telling anyone what we find lol... spose if it was said that Gympie was the place it was found,then it would bring more ppl to this part.. we don't prospect in Dc anymore... have other profitable places we are doing good at :Y: :lol: :p Mmmm What would that be Worth i wonder :rainbow:

Heatho said:
No worries, I'm just as interested as the next guy. Hopefully some more info comes along soon.

Platinum alloyed with gold is extremely rare and as such it would be an extremely interesting find, especially in Australia as most platinum nuggets are found in Russia. I know there are platinum deposits around the Gympie area but there isn't much of it and almost certainly not as native nuggets, though I could be wrong.

Heatho, i will try and get the pics off my old fart phone, but i had a customer come in with about 54grms of platinum nuggets from up there recently. it is absolutely stunning and incredibly heavy!

Hard to say lone,
platinum in nugget form is extremely rare so it would be worth way more than spot price. especially the big piece- its just over 1/2ozt. it is so incredibly heavy for its size!

And these were found in the Gympie Area?..... Interesting... May-be this Nugget find IS True... :eek:

Platinum is Only worth US$ 992 per oz...

LW...

CoryDale said:
Heatho said:
No worries, I'm just as interested as the next guy. Hopefully some more info comes along soon.

Platinum alloyed with gold is extremely rare and as such it would be an extremely interesting find, especially in Australia as most platinum nuggets are found in Russia. I know there are platinum deposits around the Gympie area but there isn't much of it and almost certainly not as native nuggets, though I could be wrong.

Heatho, i will try and get the pics off my old fart phone, but i had a customer come in with about 54grms of platinum nuggets from up there recently. it is absolutely stunning and incredibly heavy!

Interesting, how was it confirmed as being platinum??

Heatho said:
CoryDale said:
Heatho said:

I heard they thought or think its platinum with it, or on it. No confirmation of anything though, not even the nugget itself just the story

sooooo.....apart from looking pretty, is there any worth in the nuggets sold as 'precious' metal ... Can u separate the metals and smelt them down ? or ... ??

hAyyoUinAU said:
Heatho said:
CoryDale said:
Heatho said:

I heard they thought or think its platinum with it, or on it. No confirmation of anything though, not even the nugget itself just the story

I'm interested in the photos CoryDale posted and how they were confirmed as platinum.

ballarat_gold said:
sooooo.....apart from looking pretty, is there any worth in the nuggets sold as 'precious' metal ... Can u separate the metals and smelt them down ? or ... ??

Platinum is a precious metal, of course you can smelt it or any other precious metal down into ingots.

i have seen the photos of the nugget in question- it is like a great big potato, smooth and waterworn, with 2 little patches of platinum in a couple of areas. it has a lot of fresh dings and scratches on it, so looks like it washed into a waterway in recent times. if i can get hold of the photos i will share for sure!

Heatho said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Heatho said:
CoryDale said:
Heatho said:

I'm interested in the photos CoryDale posted and how they were confirmed as platinum.

i sent him to my gold buyer who hit them with their xrf gun. mostly platinum with a very small amount of cobalt in some pieces.

CoryDale said:
Heatho said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Heatho said:
CoryDale said:

i sent him to my gold buyer who hit them with their xrf gun. mostly platinum with a very small amount of cobalt in some pieces.

Thanks for your answer, mmmm that's awesome!! :D Very interesting finds indeed, so rare as well for Australia, great to see the photos.

:Y:

Just because there are no photos to go with the story doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People can be so sceptical. I couldn't see the point in someone ever making up such a story, nothing to gain in it at all.

Soon as Cory told me about it, I believed it.

Let's all just hope there are plenty of lovely surprises out there for us all.

Latest posts