I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the turquoise silvers, and in great condition when cleaned up. Very strange why someone would stuff a lump of lead in a 303 shell and seal it up. Maybe a kid!? I stashed some strange things as a kid and someone will be scratching their head if they ever detect my old backyard!

well been without my nox 600 over the weekend. Sent it off to minelab as i was having a few issues with it turning off and on again by itself. Lisa and i shared her detector and i found a few 1800's pennies and this collectable item. 1872 saddle makers plate from a wheatbelt town on york..
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Great finds Marc :Y: Did you sell your Xterra 705? I still have mine I kept it for back up and my wife uses it sometimes, can't beat the Nox.

Cheers
Kev

Hey Kev, yep sold it and now both run 2 nox 600's :) 705 is a great machine still , wish i didnt sell it

Well really hard going last weekend, tried a new really promising area, an old ghost town well past Brookton. Once there i soon realised it was really over grown and we tried hard to get in to where the old pub was and officers quarters etc but it was wat to hard and a good chance of getting lost . Only managed to find this ww2 blackout headlamp cover and a model T ford ignition contact...
Ww2 blackout headlight cover by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Ww2 blackout headlight cover by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Genuine Model T ford contact by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Genuine Model T ford contact by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Had a look at the video of cleaning the silvers, very good they look excellent, do you use the same method for the $1 and $2 coins as we have found about 3 of the golds that we had to dig out of rock crevices and they have some corrosion on them, but do not want to make them un-spendable. We have the same tumbler, just going to get some of the stainless media.

Graham

Well took lisa for a surprise visit to rottnest island Saturday, no detectors just a relaxing day out. Then yesterday back out for a detect and found a few nice items....
1920 dog tag

1914 303 fired and someoneput head put back on...

WA police button turn of century

Brookton cart plate badly damaged

Latest posts