You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Meerkat
23 August 2017 09:26 pm

Please note that the original post has been edited.

MikeB05
24 August 2017 08:52 am

hAyyoUinAU wrote:
MikeB05 wrote:

Traprock Mining hold the three EPMs near Durikai.

I am going to rely on the QLD Govt issued fossicking maps...if for some reason they are not up to date...then it should be their problem not mine.

The photo below shows another view of the EPMshttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/img/member-images/7270/1503446407_herries_range_map_web.jpg

I had already posted that and there is no problem with the approved fossicking areas. I have overlayed them and they are fine.

Exploration permits are totally different to mining leases.

Anyways.... Enjoy away people.

Yeah I realise you already posted the three EPMs at Durikai...your post was aerial photo...my posts of the same EPM shows the geology info. Just a bit of extra data for those interested smile

MikeB05
Most of the gold I have found so far, comes from learning from others. SDC2300, Gold Monster 1000, Gold Rat River Sluice, Angus McKirk sluices,

1 user likes this post: hAyyoUinAU

What_Trigger
24 August 2017 12:34 pm

Ok for some reason i cant edit my original post,

But ignore the 3 EPMs you guys are talking about

There is the actual """MINING LEASE""" i have shown in a pic as per the governments current map database which is the red outline, the blue is the GPA and the pink is the EPMs

My original post was answered that we cannot go in there thanks to shorties information

Dan78
02 October 2017 02:55 pm

Yup...im new and only using these maps as I dont want to begin with doing the wrong thing..just wanna find some nice nuggets!! ....I'll be out there Thursday with my new gpz7000, pick n scoop!!...if its not raining still haha

gonna try down caribean rd and where it meets up with rabbit fence rd...anyone had any luck in that pocket..or even straight off the cunningham hwy were that bend is on far west side???...basically rabbit fence rd & cunningham hwy...???

minelab, gpz 7000, 19, garmin gps, h2o, pick, pinpointer, ctx3030

hAyyoUinAU
02 October 2017 04:36 pm

Dan78 wrote:

Yup...im new and only using these maps as I dont want to begin with doing the wrong thing..just wanna find some nice nuggets!! ....I'll be out there Thursday with my new gpz7000, pick n scoop!!...if its not raining still haha

gonna try down caribean rd and where it meets up with rabbit fence rd...anyone had any luck in that pocket..or even straight off the cunningham hwy were that bend is on far west side???...basically rabbit fence rd & cunningham hwy...???

Yeah that is the first spot I hit after I found those maps online. I found a .45g with the SDC the first time I went out, but that is where I met a couple there that were raking and basically go there every week for days on end.... with a ZED... tsk

I went back with ZED but had my 3 young kids so wasn't able to spend hours there, just a look and play. There is obviously gold still left there, but it is becoming harder to find I guess. I have a few spots around that area to inspect when I can get out there alone. Next week I will hopefully get 2 days out there so can report back and let you guys know how it went.

Good luck if you head out Thursday, I think it will be too wet according to weather forecast, but rain is always a good thing for spots like that.

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

1 user likes this post: Dan78

Dan78
02 October 2017 05:50 pm

Awesome, thanks for the feedback HayyouinAU!!

I'll let you know if a score a nugg or millions haha...gotta dream big!!

Rush
02 October 2017 06:57 pm

hAyyoUinAU wrote:

I found a .45g with the SDC the first time I went out, but that is where I met a couple there that were raking and basically go there every week for days on end.... with a ZED... tsk

From my source that couple are the ones who have detected those hundreds of nuggets by intense raking that particular spot including a 3oz piece with their GPZ. Therefore would have to be a rich alluvial area with diggings and more of this larger variety still to be detected.

hAyyoUinAU
02 October 2017 08:00 pm

Rush wrote:
hAyyoUinAU wrote:

I found a .45g with the SDC the first time I went out, but that is where I met a couple there that were raking and basically go there every week for days on end.... with a ZED... tsk

From my source that couple are the ones who have detected those hundreds of nuggets by intense raking that particular spot including a 3oz piece with their GPZ. Therefore would have to be a rich alluvial area with diggings and more of this larger variety still to be detected.

Yes, and they showed me too. They also go to the puddler and areas they said which are not GPA. Anyways each to their own, I'd prefer to get my gold without stepping on anybody's toes.

And everyone knows the main rule , "Never show ALL your GOLD" wink

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

Dan78
09 October 2017 11:22 pm

so got out to durikai again today...pulled up to spot....forgot pick in my rush to get out early! total idiot!! lol...drove to warwick to bunnings for quick fix..back out...haha!!

went to the "flogged/raked area at rabbit fence and carbean rd....totally different to spot i first explored...and noticed the raking paths..had a swing over but to no avail....but ended up finding about 9 pieces on outskirts and around ....of led, couple old .22 shells, old fence and shot..all deep.....still no gold..but will be back to score a damn nugget or several!! lol

hAyyoUinAU
10 October 2017 06:26 pm

When I see the raked paths there, I don't even bother and try to get away from that area. Only because the people doing it have a GPZ and if they didn't dig anything there is a high chance there is nothing there. I would suggest you try working from the old diggings and north east direction. That seems to be the channel from Canal Creek. The area in that corner section has had a lot of raking done. But then again, you never know I guess. Hell I picked up a piece down there... lol

We all know gold loves to play hide and seek.

History of the area points towards Talgai.... so in future that is where I will be spending some time when I get down there. At the moment, I am having a lot of fun with some places closer to home.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

hAyyoUinAU
10 October 2017 06:31 pm

Dan78 wrote:

so got out to durikai again today...pulled up to spot....forgot pick in my rush to get out early! total idiot!! lol...drove to warwick to bunnings for quick fix..back out...haha!!

went to the "flogged/raked area at rabbit fence and carbean rd....totally different to spot i first explored...and noticed the raking paths..had a swing over but to no avail....but ended up finding about 9 pieces on outskirts and around ....of led, couple old .22 shells, old fence and shot..all deep.....still no gold..but will be back to score a damn nugget or several!! lol

That would of shite me.... wow. And you drove all the way to Warwick and back again. Well done. That is commitment. That's how I like it. With that attitude you will be finding gold sooner than you think. Just research....look for Alluvial gold. That is important....look for places where known nuggets where found. That is my best tip for you. I am only new to this too, but it has served me well in such a short time.

And dig everything, especially screaming targets, they are often ignored as junk but can turnout to be golden 'junk'.

Hope to meet you out there one day. thumbsup

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

madtuna
10 October 2017 07:02 pm

hAyyoUinAU wrote:

When I see the raked paths there, I don't even bother and try to get away from that area. Only because the people doing it have a GPZ and if they didn't dig anything there is a high chance there is nothing there. I would suggest you try working from the old diggings and north east direction. That seems to be the channel from Canal Creek. The area in that corner section has had a lot of raking done. But then again, you never know I guess. Hell I picked up a piece down there... lol

History of the area points towards Talgai.... so in future that is where I will be spending some time when I get down there. At the moment, I am having a lot of fun with some places closer to home.

yeah nah.... a potato can own a GPZ, doesn't mean a potato can operate a GPZ thumbsup

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

2 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Dan78

hAyyoUinAU
10 October 2017 09:26 pm

madtuna wrote:
hAyyoUinAU wrote:

yeah nah.... a potato can own a GPZ, doesn't mean a potato can operate a GPZ thumbsup

Yeah these people that rake that area and spend nearly every other week there are no potatoes but....

But I know what you mean... that is the best mentality to have...to think that no matter who or what checked the area, that we can do it better...BUT ....when you are pressed for time, you have to make those decisions some times.

I like to consider an area covered only after I have passed over it....if that's kinda what you mean thumbsup

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

2 users like this post: madtuna, Dan78

Dan78
11 October 2017 08:18 am

yea I'm a bit of a potato lol - this is first ever metal detector!... ...hopefully next week get back out there

...and also booked in training for gpz..but they reckon if Im finding old shot pellets then doing the right thing & everything correct with gpz and the gold will come...just have to put in the time!!

hAyyoUinAU
11 October 2017 08:35 am

Dan78 wrote:

yea I'm a bit of a potato lol - this is first ever metal detector!... ...hopefully next week get back out there

...and also booked in training for gpz..but they reckon if Im finding old shot pellets then doing the right thing & everything correct with gpz and the gold will come...just have to put in the time!!

You sound like you are doing the right thing. Just keep being persistent and it will work out. You are no potato. It is a metal detector, not rocket science.

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

Dan78
11 October 2017 08:45 pm

haaha cheers mate, I'll get there!!

next Thursday...3rd times visit a charm and will get a nugget!!

Dan78
25 October 2017 02:52 pm

finally got me an FJ cruiser to get deeper in to the forest! trying to get to claire hill rd and mountain maid/forestry rd...on the south area....near nuggety gully.

Anyone been or had any luck in this area??

Tried the carbean and rabbit fence rd and seemed worked over pretty good..so venture deeper and hopefully less flogged!!

heading out tomorrow!! Fingers crossed for decent weather and lots of gold haha!!

Dan78
26 October 2017 08:46 pm

sooo hot and sooo many mozzies...no gold nuggets ..few bullets and old fence lol..one specie but forgot it after finding bit of fence in the same hole that was singing like crazy after the rock....then couldn't find it when tried to track back footsteps..damit!! lol

Beat the storm though...thankfully!! heading back out tomorrow!! FJ loves the dirt roads and puddles lol

hAyyoUinAU
26 October 2017 09:36 pm

Yeah, those roads are fun when it rains. tongue

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

2 users like this post: Dolphin, Dan78

Jaros
27 October 2017 09:47 am

Have a great time no matter the weather. Are you camped up near the Ablution Block or down near Thanes Ck. around site 1.
Jaros devil

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Dan78
28 October 2017 08:33 am

Hey Jaros, nah no camping, just day trips from Goldy and always having fun getting out there. Might check them camping sites out though!

Got out again yesterday to different spot..pretty much first turn into north end of durikai off the hwy ...still no nuggets, but did find a nice little funnel web spider...or little tarantula..that was guarding a big old dig hole after i moved some branches...moved him on to nearby tree and then pulled little bit of tin out of the hole lol

nearby were some massive ants out there as well!! think maybe bull ants..didn't stick around as they were not happy with my presence haha!

some more old .22's, bit of led shot, and some tin....and an old necklace!! I finally found treasure lol!

oh and some more puddles after the storm the previous day made up for no nuggets! love the FJ cruiser!!

beer went down pretty good after getting home as there was a fatality on way home ...RIP...it was about 30min past Boonah...roads shut both ways for min 3hrs...so had to back track around and go through rathdowny..5 and a bit hrs later..got back home. drive safe people!! so many dickheads up my tail and I was going between 85-100..i just let them past at any point i have a chance to pull aside.

Hopefully next week will find the shinny stuff!!

1 user likes this post: Jaros

Jaros
28 October 2017 10:16 am

Yeah, there's not too many ways around these sort of incidents. I still reckon you all had a lot of fun. I've never really struck those bullants when i've been there but I suppose the recent rain might have upset them--a lot.
Godd hunting mate,
Jaros thumbsup

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

hAyyoUinAU
28 October 2017 12:19 pm

Check and research some history for the area. Us detectorists are looking for nuggets, not fine gold. History is your best friend, so use it to your advantage. Worked for me.

I have seen a lot of the gold pulled out of Durikai. Lost Treasures Everton has a photo on the wall of a pan full of nuggets all pulled from Duriaki, but whether it was from the Canal Creek side (Carbean Rd) or not I do not know. The areas I know for certain gold nuggets have been found at Durikai are Carbean Rd (Canal Creek Alluvial) and Puddlers. Any other places I have heard of are not in the GPA area.

Hey, the only way to ever know for sure is to check. Sooner or later it will come.

Good luck, and I hope you find your shiny stuff soon.

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

Dan78
28 October 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks hAyyoUinAu!! persistence prevails as they say lol

I still managed to find lots of junk in that pocket of carbean rd and rabbit fence so maybe try again!! so if finding junk deep then still potential for nuggets i guess.

Ive just done little checks on google earth with QLD globe and add the old abandon mine plugin and will pin the twin sisters for next trip also!...thats puddlers/twin sisters right?

hAyyoUinAU
28 October 2017 01:30 pm

The gravels the old timers dug on Canal Creek banks were up to 3m deep in some spots if I am correct. So yup, still would be some stuff deeper.
And probably good territory for ZED even with a 19". But don't take all the gold please, leave some for us.

I would focus my time more there. I still haven't had a chance to swing ZED over the old timers diggings there.

I only played around with the SDC at the diggings and when ZED/I was out there with kids, it was too far for them to go so we played in that bottom corner with all the junk piles.

I think puddlers is down from the twin sisters. I would be checking that, even though it does get hammered.

Twin Sisters was rock mining and I think the gold was fine or minimal. Off the top of my head, I would have to confirm, but I am pretty sure its right.
It is easy to locate, just follow the road/track and it leads you straight to it. It is filled in tho...and junk.

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site