Anyone in Port Stephens into Lapidary mainly opals.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUIZER

Bruce
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if there is anyone in the port stephens area that is interested in polishing opal that would like to meet and show me a few finer details on polishing.
I am in the Newcastle lapiadary club but it is a bit far away to go to and get to know people so they show me the finer details and there opening times dont always match to when im free.
I have a mine in the Grawin region of Lightning ridge which i hope should produce some more colour when i go up there next week. (already got bits of colour and wrecked the stone when polishing).
Thanks Bruce :)

There is a good video featuring Elizabeth Powel available from the motel across from down to earth opals in Lightning Ridge, Talk to Ian if he is there, he will steer you in the right direction. I think I saw a copy when I was there a few weeks ago.

Thanks Guys.
Shaun has some aewsome stuff real credit to his dedication to the collection.
Will go and have a look for this Video Ken

Richo1963 said:
Sorry people another bloody train driver here.

That's OK mate, we won't hold it against you lol.

Do you know Rod (Ramjet)?

Hi Nugget,I'm not sure if I know Rod (Ramjet) not knowing his last name or having a pictuer to go by,but if he is a coal/freight train driver and has been around for a few years the chances are I would know him.I had 24 years with State Rail Authority which ended up as Pacific National before moving over to QR National which has now become Aurizon.Cheers Darren

Bruiser,I mine out at Carters.Where in the Grawin area do you mine?Regards Richo

Hi all,

Feel free to drop me a PM anytime if you still need info Bruiser. I may not be able to guide you on the practice in person, but I can easily get you up and running to a fashion and maybe offer a few tips and easy pointers on the process and gear needed, what we use etc.

Opal is far too precious to waste if you don't understand the cutting process. Stick to practicing with black (or grey) colourless potch when learning the ropes, that way you'll save any possible stones being ruined that may have good value. :)

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Latest posts