Setting up the garage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys.
Lefty i was very happy with how the ribbonstone turned out. I only had a small piece and was hoping to do it justice.
That and the piece of petrified wood next to it were the two stand out stones of the lot.

dam it said:
Very nice :Y: post #17
I really like the look of photo 1 top right :)
Cheers, that is a leopard skin jasper or orbicular jasper. It holds a nice polish and can have some beautiful patterns through it.

Guys my beer fridge had to be moved into the kitchen to be able to make room for gear, a tragedy yes, but now i have to walk all the way to the kitchen for a refreshment 8.(

shivan said:
Cheers guys.

Silver, i am going to try a pressure reducer similar to what is used in drip sprinkler systems first. I did have a gravity feed system before this, but had problems with leaking around the tap. I can always try a hybrid version if worst comes to worst.

Lefty our lapidary club has a hot water system set up for the winter months :D So i was also thinking a bit of warm water in the winter could be handy.
That's what I using. It's a cheap black plastic pressure regulator from bunnings. Works and I haven't had a flood yet. Gee you workshop looks tidy, you ort to see my mess rocks everywhere :)

Idea....Perhaps some Cable ties to keep things away from Spinning Things.... O:)
1 Problem with Fridge located so far away is The Missus knows How many you have had.. :party: :lol:

Some nice Cabs there shivan.... love the Opal... :Y:

LW...

MakkyBrown are you using the 300 or the 100 kpi reducer? I tied the 300 kpi reducer, but was still getting too much pressure build up. Have gotten around this by using a micro tap behind the manifold, so when the tap is turned off the pressure is back there rather than on the grinder taps. Will give the 100 kpi reducer a go next time i am back out at bunnings.

Marksman i will try and remember to pop out and say g'day on Wednesday.

Lonewolf, any tubing that looked like it could go anywhere near a pulley or belt has been taped up or made so there is no drape. Eventually i will build a box or cage to get the moving bits out of the way.

No problem with the wife seeing how many i have had, just means she can re-stock for me when iam running low :party: ;)

I can't remember which reducer but pretty sure it's low as it's the same as I use on the irrigation system in the garden. Great idea with the bbq, I'm now going bugger as I just through one to the tip. I was thinking of keeping it but I have that much other junk I have to get rid of somethings.

The BBq stand has been working well but one problem has been that since the casters are so old and weathered one snapped off when i went to wheel it out of the way.
Will be an easy fix, just got to get some new wheels.

Tested the saw out with a few bits i rescued from the graveyard at the club. One was a plain looking thunderegg than ended up having a few really nice smokey crystals inside.

Yes Lefty, the small piece that came out was clean enough to facet, not sure about the 2 bits still inside as there looks like there may be an inclusion, but that could just be whats behind the stone.

It was a really nice surprise Wally, the first half of the thunder egg i picked up looked very ordinary. When i pulled the vice back and saw the crystals and where they were sitting i though for sure i had hit it with the saw :8 , but somehow i managed to miss by a few mm :D

That's a nice Example of what you can find Hidden in a Thunder Egg... Something like a Kinder Surprise.. You never know what you get ]:D ]:D :Y:

LW...