Beside prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you guys fill your time in out bush? I like to do some primitive tattooing, if i can find a good thorn, or bone. Im going to have to tattoo a gold pan on me next time i go bush :lol:

I try and collect a suitable dead or sometimes living branch from the local species of trees of the area I'm in, to make hiking sticks. I saw them to length with the toothed blade on my trusty Swiss army pocket knife, take them back to camp and whittle them down while I'm sitting around the camp fire... very therapeutic.
The short one is Mulga, hard as rock, makes a good nulla nulla, if u know what I mean :Y:
1490178547_img_1648.jpg

For me after it tends to be eat drink sleep and have another crack at the gold.

If I'm not prospecting I like to drive or walk around depending on size of the area and have a good look at it I don't often venture far from camp for security reasons, there real in my head maybe not so much in reality :lol:.

I must have done about 50 or more over the years, its amazing the different type of wood in the Aussie environment. The Aboriginals are the real craftsmen when it comes to using it for their weapons, etc.
Cheers.

Breakfast - prospect - lunch - prospect - dinner/beer - dishes - shower - TV/beer - Bed

Then repeat until my wife says "when are you coming home?" hopefully after several weeks away :)

Except if it's raining, then change where it says prospecting for laundry, shopping and refuel, lol

Weather permitting it's prospecting 5 or 6 days a week.
On my days off it's go whack a few ferals and just drive about and make sure the mills and solars are working and whack a few more ferals.
Unless I'm feeling lazy in which case I might just lay in bad and tool about on the computer.

Mate there pulling $650 plus for the army issue one's :Y:
Had an old Turkish guy show me how they are used years ago ........................ disembowel you in one swing .................... nasty stuff.

Latest posts