Old brick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On a recent camping trip I found this old brick in the creek about half an hours walk up stream from Lynch,s Creek camp ground which is situated about 10 km from Wiangaree and 10 km from Station Creek. Border Rangers, Kyogle Shire, Northern NSW. Thought it a funny place to find a brick and thought it might be from ? Something interesting ? Anyone know of the area or know anything about old bricks.
1487466527_image.jpg

You may be on the way to solving a real mystery creekfossicker :D

In ancient times there was a mythical creature called a Rock Monster. :eek: Have you ever wondered where the term shiting bricks came from. ;)

Have found a few old brick ruins in gold and tin producing areas, usually only a few bricks with native rock around, most likely used for the lining of fireplaces . I think they must have been for a bakery of wealthy sly pub as the cost of buying and transport in those times must have meant the investment was yielding good returns. Always find some interesting relics around old bricks, my rule of thumb is "bricks = high use area"

Might be worth searching trove for your keyword place/creek names to see what pops up.

Latest posts