Actually Building the Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, the toolchanger sounds even better now. :)

The dust that will be in the air is from the stones when you grind them, not the laps. But hope it will work as you plan when you start cutting with the machine.

Is there a market for thin object glass for microscopes?

We shall see, and yes and no, my friend he has a small company that sells microscopes, parts and object glasses and others all microscope related. I may make them under his name and sell them. He has clients who buying them, its also hard to make those thin sections and i can make them with my machine, ill make a object glass holder on a chuck that i can insert into the automatic toolchanger, vacuum the glass, cut the stone to 10-15 micron and measure it. Its just an extra option the machine can do. Also cutting drills, end mills etc. :- ) the high speed spindle was for cutting the dopsticks :p lol we shall see how far i can get!

Hi There!

Got a new toy to play with :D neh not to play with but for parts... only this time im not so shure to use it for parts. Mayby i shoult resell this one to get some $... to complete my machine. But it is fun to see that thing running :p its a Yamaha yk800xg robot. Made not far from you people! Hmm just a little while now and i can do some test runs with the faceting machine. Parts are comming over 2 weeks now, and i sold my cnc machine to get my lapidary running. So the electronics cabinet will be the first thing im going to work on for now, i shall make some photo's when im going to start with it.

Here's a photo from my new toy:

Img_4320.jpg

Greets,

Christian

Great work Christian, now you really see how big it is going to be.

How are you going to attach the lap and motor on the slide?
Will you be able to remove the lap and motor completely and attach something else there too? Like a concave faceting spindle maybe.

Thanks,

Yes it is a big machine, much room for changing things if needed :- ) That was with purpose! I can mount everything on the slides but i have two slides, one for the lap and the second one is for everything what i want. I could add a concave spindle. Cant wait to get it all working. But its also something that is holding me a bit back. But ill get there, soon i can start with programming the basic machine!!!

Greets,

Christian

It looks really good so far Christian, hope it works out the way you want too.

Im already waiting for the next video with your updates. :D

LoL i hate myself if i hear myself lol english is not my strongest language :p lol kann es auch auf Deutsch :p of in het Nederlands :p (i can do it in German or in Dutch) hehehe. Hope to start soon with the electronics. I almost have everything for setting it all up. Im not verry good in making video's lol but ill try again and again lol. But still dont know whay i got that thumb down... :(

You will get bigger audience if you do it in English. But I get your point, it isnt easy if you dont feel confident when speaking.

I thought you did well anyway, I understand what you say atleast. :D

Did you get a thumb down on YouTube? Probably somebody that thought you were finished with the machine and saw that so wasnt the case. Anyway, dont worry about it. There will always be haters and people that is envious.

Ya i know. The strange thing is that the most viewed countries are Netherlands Australia USA and here it is INDIA!?!?!?!? :S hehehe those are watching carfully i think lol hehehe. When it is running you will see it will go sky high with views. But i also know there are also people that dont want that im doing this. But i dont care i like the project and ill finish it. Im still glad that i made it a bit oversized. Like i said, there is room for playing with the machine :p

The next good thing is i think i can finish the complete machine now, i sold my milling machine and still have a lot of parts left to build a new and a better one :p and i have now the money to build the rest.

I think that there are some people that are watching the video's carfully.

I bet that you are right, people in India probably like to copy your machine. They have a lot of good programmers and engineers.

If you ad a concave spindle when you have your machine up and running if will be hard to beat. You can produce really great stones when using concave faceting.
Its just the programming behind it that isnt the same as regular faceting though.

Great that you have the capitals now to finish the machine. :)

A concave spindle on the machine is not that hard to build. I thought about that but still having some problems with the motor running schematic when i have it done like i want to then things can go fast! And cant wait when the dopping is finished!!! :p Love to see that one :p hehehe

Also the 3d scanner will be cool! It can also scan high reflective items as glass etc.. But still a lot of work!

Its not building the spindle that is hard, its the reference height of it and knowing how far to cut. And then the facets are built differently from regular ones. Dont think gemcad can do it atleast.

But if you manage to build it you will not have any problems selling the stones, they sparkle a lot more than regular cut stones. :D

You still have problems with the motors? I thought you found a way to fix it.

vonG said:
You still have problems with the motors? I thought you found a way to fix it.

Yeah, but im not quite shure about the new stepper diagram but dont worry ill test and test and test :p comming there thats for shure but i havent got a good calculation, i can however calculate the start speed but ive got trouble with the speed table, cant count simply back from the table that i have now. Uhm the thing is if i say the speed of the motor must be 3000rpm i know that my pulse time will be 12uS per step but the pulses are in a sort of an S curve and it is a bit difficult to calculate it all back. But ill get there even so.

There are manny ways going to rome!

vonG said:
Its not building the spindle that is hard, its the reference height of it and knowing how far to cut. And then the facets are built differently from regular ones. Dont think gemcad can do it atleast.

Dont have problems with that. I got some new Harmonic Drives and can measure the hight exactly with the 3d scanner. So it should be that mutch of a problem with concave facetting. Its something for the todo list :p lol.

Latest posts