Actually Building the Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you building the machine with the lap horizontal too? You talked before about having it vertical.

Yes, i had a good thougth about it, i would have it build vertical but im going to build a test first horizontal. Hmm... The vertical setup i have in mind should also work horizontal. Im giving it a try :D. Mayby with a counterweight. Im just want to try that out. At this way i could use 25mm guide rails. I buyed today the 25mm rail but dont have them yet. But hopefully next week or so. I think i got everything now and need to draw the rest now. Ill upload the drawings upon the forum. But it is still a lot of work...

Glad you have considered the idea about building it horizontal. That way you could easily have 3 or 4 laps in a row instead of a lap changing system. That was my own original idea atleast. Also if you use water as a lubricant, the drainage system would be easier horizontally. All and all there are advantages in my opinion.

Will be fun to see what you have come up with.

Hmm having a bit of a dip right now, feeling a bit sick... but i need to draw hehehe but havent any clue where to start but ill come up with something, ill have some idears and i need to draw.

Yes, i had a good thougth about the horizontal lap but a automatic lap changer is a must... there is not inaf space to add more than one lap. If all laps are made with a steel back it would be handy to work with magnets. But im not there yet :p

Having a fever now and im sick at this moment but ill continue to think about the setup.

Better to look at it with fresh eyes when you are well again. No meaning in gettin worse by working and thinking.

Just my two cents...

Exact! Still something interresting to study! See youtube and search for Revenlation 12 sign! Im going to bed now!

Greetings,

Christian

Finaly made a little start :D lol! Installed the computer with Windows 7 Ultimate with IIS (webserver and ftpserver) for controlling the complete machine! Also my programming language Perl and PHP is installed together with an MySQL Database. Now i need to controll the breakoutboard from Wantai... This is a simple cnc controller, official for Mach3 but i will write my own software for it. Now i need to get a 5 volt power supply for program the card, i hope i can mannage the card with my software, ill try to controll the leds first. If this is going to work then a stepper can be connected! :D

_85.jpg

_86.jpg

I hope it all is going to work as planed :p And one good thing about the setup is that i can work on my laptop :D

Finaly! I have managed to get the card working by my software... it was a pain in the ass to get it run on windows 7 64 bit... but i can controll the breakout boards by using my own software!

[video=1024,768]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBggyTIllJs[/video]

Now i can sleep well :D lol hehehe

As you can see i only turn on the first 8 leds and turn them back off. This is becourse it is just a test. I can now write a basic program for controlling the steppers at a chosen speed and let them work together with the sensors.

Also the last linear guides have arived! 9 Pieces of 776mm and 2 pieces of 640mm but i think ill going to use the 776mm guides. Still waiting for the guide cars but hopefully they come tomorrow. Also some dust scrapers for the 35mm guides, could buy them for 50 34 pieces and its better to use them for the small dust thats comming free with facetting! Also tomorrow will my bearing holder be made, soon i can completely build the machine!

Some photos from the guides and dust scrapers :D

Img_2857.jpg

Img_2858.jpg

Img_2859.jpg

Img_2860.jpg

First artwork :D lol, im going to try to use the Rittal Cabinet for the build up. The drawing is laying on its back, you should see the drawing as a standing setup. Also the door of the cabinet is at the back of the machine. The Cabinet as lowest point, so that the weight is at its lowest point. Hopefully this will be the basic build. The build is not ready yet but it is a start. Also the aluminium will be extrusion 60x30mm. The Rittal Cabinet is about 22Kg empty. So this start with elektronics will weight about 50kg as a base. The height is about 1260mm now. I have manny things to draw now, but there is a start :p :D

Frame_Opbouw.jpg

Finaly i think i got the base frame right! The last build didnt work while it would a problem with changing the cabinet parts. The electronics cabinet will get a another place somewhere else in the room, not shure where. Ill hope this will work. The frame will be build with 80x80mm extrusion aluminium and the two pillars will be 80x120mm. Its a start :D

frame.jpg

Greets Christian

Hi Christian.

Are you planning to have the lap moving back and forth on a slide? I thought you were building a gantry system.

I will build a gantry system, but i also want to setup the complete lap. So i have 5 axis to controll at a basic setup. So i have an X Y Z X rotation and Z rotation. It will be verry handy if i want to use bigger laps.

Im still not completely shure about the base setup, but it will come these days that ill get it right! But the first idears are there. I should draw another setup and compare wich one i should use and order the aluminium.

Yes, better to have drawn and compared them first before you buy the parts. Its a good thing that you can use solidworks too. :D

Drawing update! :D It's not yet finished but it is a nice start. Hopfully ill complete the 3d sketch and mill all plates!

Machine_Build.jpg

Thanks! It took a while to get this far... it was a pain in the *** to get the sensor drawed in the setup... it took my 7 other drawings to get at this point. Now i can go on with the other plates for the spindle, proximity sensors and other like the bumb plates... Its gettings its form now :D

Im also using the 80:1 Harmonic Drive with the Nema34 motor :D i think it will hold a kilo or 10 on a meter or so with the HD :p Also the Y spindle that im going to use is a 25mm speed 25mm :D

Machine_Build_B.jpg

Machine_Build_C.jpg

Machine_Build_D.jpg

Latest posts