Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Secret Squirrels said:
They look great GDA how did you tidy those up?

Salt and Vinegar soak then Baking Soda rub....Repeat if they are stubborn. :) :Y:

Thanks for the info, can you do copper the same way?, what ratio of salt to vinegar and how long soaked (roughly)? also did that tumbler harm (mark,scratch) your pennies in any way?

golddiggerart said:
Ramjet said:
Congrats on the florins. The coppers look like NEW. :Y:

Was very happy with how they came out, they were the best of them the others were too far gone to look good. :) Thanks RJ I love big Silvers, would love a Crown. :) :Y:

Yes a crown is high on my list. Thought I had one a few weeks back when I saw BIG silver in the hole but it was a round 50 cent piece. Still a nice find.

Secret Squirrels said:
golddiggerart said:
Secret Squirrels said:
They look great GDA how did you tidy those up?

Salt and Vinegar soak then Baking Soda rub....Repeat if they are stubborn. :) :Y:

Thanks for the info, can you do copper the same way?, what ratio of salt to vinegar and how long soaked (roughly)? also did that tumbler harm (mark,scratch) your pennies in any way?

I just pour in salt and pour in vinegar....but if I had to guess I'd say a tablespoon salt to quarter of a cup of vinegar...

The pennies don't work with the S&V treatment, the tumbler is very good because of the size of the stainless steel bearings which caress the coins as they tumble, I also added a handful of fishtank gravels. :) :Y:

I should put all my scabby coppers through the tumbler one day, those pennies came up well. Can't remember the last time I saw a full crown come out of the ground, best of luck on locating one. ;)

Goldpick said:
I should put all my scabby coppers through the tumbler one day, those pennies came up well. Can't remember the last time I saw a full crown come out of the ground, best of luck on locating one. ;)

Yeah they come up okay even with the pits in them. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Ramjet said:
What are you using in the tumbler with the pennies GDA?

The stainless steel shot that came with it and some fish tank gravels.....The shot is tiny, the size of shotgun pellets :Y:

Sounds a bit harsh but the results are great. Used to use crushed walnut shell to tumble pistol cartridges.

Ramjet said:
golddiggerart said:
Ramjet said:
What are you using in the tumbler with the pennies GDA?

The stainless steel shot that came with it and some fish tank gravels.....The shot is tiny, the size of shotgun pellets :Y:

Sounds a bit harsh but the results are great. Used to use crushed walnut shell to tumble pistol cartridges.

Sounds harsh but if you see them in person you'll also see that those still have their sheen....I like how they came out and no coins were harmed in the process....lol :) :Y:

Latest posts