You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

LonelySilver
22 September 2016 11:01 am

Just a quick question. I am used to metal detecting in parks and beaches and I was just wondering if it is legal to metal detect in a state conservation area in NSW? (I know National Parks are completely off limits).
Thanks.

My oldest find is a 1736 - 1795 chinease coin.
X terra 305, AT Pro, Pro pointer and lesche diggers.

mbasko
22 September 2016 02:46 pm

State Conservation Areas are under the control of the NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service & as such detecting is not allowed in them.
Anything under NPWS control is the same i.e. National Parks (obviously), Karst Conservation Reserves, Wildlife/Nature Reserves, NPWS Heritage Sites/Areas, Aboriginal Areas etc.
There are a few (or areas within a few) that allow various types of fossicking like panning only (Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve). You would need to enquire about allowed activities for the one/s you want to visit with NPWS. As a general rule though detecting won't be allowed.
NAPFA & others are currently trying to get some access but it will be a long process. If it does happen it will be heavily restricted & there will be some hoops to jump through to gain permission (going off their draft management plan).

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

3 users like this post: LonelySilver, Ramjet, Billy

Ramjet
22 September 2016 04:59 pm

Great answer mbasko. Simple, precise and has all the info required.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site