Fossils from the Canberra Region (near Wee Jasper)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what prospecting is all about Sarn...It's the adventure and the anticipation of what's lying just over the next hill. Finding something is just the added bonus for your perseverance.....keep at it and nurture the fever.

Cheers Wal. :)

well they appear to have given up identifying it on the other forum. will try to find an aussie based one and see what they think :)

I can't seem to find a dedicated Australian fossil forum, did you have any luck with your mate Wal?

Hey Wal I think you will have to strike it rich soon if Liz keeps bringing everything home. Buy some acerageand we will all come and fossick on your land ;)

Sarn said:
I can't seem to find a dedicated Australian fossil forum, did you have any luck with your mate Wal?

Not yet mate...flat out at the moment building hi-bankers and catching up with a huge backlog of work. Hope to catch up with him soon as i get slightly ahead. Cheers Wal

kleinman98 said:
Hey Wal I think you will have to strike it rich soon if Liz keeps bringing everything home. Buy some acerageand we will all come and fossick on your land ;)

Hahaha,....think i need to sell the Troopy and buy a Mini,...that way she can only bring home the odd little pebble. :D

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Sarn said:

Not yet mate...flat out at the moment building hi-bankers and catching up with a huge backlog of work. Hope to catch up with him soon as i get slightly ahead. Cheers Wal

Hahah it's all good. No rush mate :D

Thanks Jimney.

I already posted to the fossil forum link - that was the US site that I posted on earlier.

Will make a post to the nsw fossil forum though and see what they have to say. :)

Thanks. :)

Paleo et al.
1383339919_trilobite.jpg

Many years ago I did "gopher" duties for camp out groups from Maquarie Uni. doing paleo. phd research.
Spent quite a lot of the time around 3 mile dam, (Kiandra) Yass and Wellington region.
This trilobite came from Yass, actually on the side of the highway.
Later when I was gold chasing near Palmers Oakey found masses of Braccs. right on top of the hills as they weathered out of the limestone.
Have a nice section of dinosaur bone from the Eromanga area found whilst opal prospecting.
Mike

^^^^^^^ Very nice Trilobite Pygidium (tail), great find!!

I am a long time member of the fossil forum which some people have already posted links to and there is a small group of us Aussies on there that would love to add some new Australian members so feel free to join up. It is a great community.

Hi, very nice. Can you give me directions to this location? Im from Batemans Bay, and would love to come up for a day trip, im also planning a trip later in the year and would love any info of fossil and gem stone sites between Batemans Bay and Lightning Ridge, may go further up and come back another way. Thanks Bec :)

The wife and I went to Burinjuk en route to Albury & wandered the banks of the very low Murrumbidgee river & found a few nice fossils, 1 looks like a pippi in semi opening position & the other resembles a tooth of some sort

1388662382_dsc_0255.jpg

1388662549_dsc_0256.jpg

Sarn,
At a long shot you could inquire at the Mineral Council or whatever it is called in Narabundah, across Hindmarsh from the Pitch and putt. Someone there would be able to help.

Some pretty cool fossils out there, ....glad that critter died 400 million years ago and isn't still swimming around in Burrinjuck Dam :D

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts