Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time out to put the coil on the ground
As daunting as it was, i did pretty good
I really do have to thank Heatho for his assistance
Not only did he help out with basic settings to get going ...
He made the 2 hour trip north from Sydney to ensure that both myself and Sinhof got it right.
What a bloody legend :p and a very nice guy too ;)

I was the first on site and didnt waste any time getting going
My first find was the old bracelet( i think thats what it is) followed by a couple of ring pulls and can-slaw
Then .... BAM!!... First coin ... '46 florin :D
OH YE !! (with a happy dance)
It wasnt long before the group started to arrive . we all said our gdays and headed off in all directions to seek our treasure.
Im pretty sure that we all got a few goodies each and were happy to meet up and put names to faces
I had a steady flow of coins through out the day
1464509263_image.jpg

Pennies - 1918,1919,1953 and a 1900 Brittania
Half pennies - 1913 & 1950
Threepence - 1900,1910,1911
Sixpence - 1936
A few BB's
And my best find ... the last of the day
:D 1817 George 3 shilling :D
1464509475_image.jpg

Thank you everyone for your company today
And again ,a very big thank you to Heatho

Was a pleasure to help out Sandta and meet you finally. Also was really awesome to see you get off to a such great start with your new detector. I think there are going to be some sensational future finds to come in this thread.

Looking forward to the next meet up, if you're ever down my way shout out and drop in for a cuppa.

Cheers

Hi Gang,
It certainly was a great meet and the weather was pretty good too, as mentioned earlier it was also great to meet up with Heatho after a long time since we first met;his powers with the CTX3030 are certainly second to none and his willingness to share information was much appreciated by myself and Sandta.
All in all a fab day out in the fresh air with good company and some interesting finds.
Cheers, SinHof.

Good on ya Sandta, soo well done, what a ripper old shilling, and, plenty of other silvers too ,... goes to show, any detector is a good detector in the hands of a great operator.
WHAT A TIGHT LEARNING CURVE ON THE UP N UP. 8) :eek: :p :D :cool:

silver said:
Good on ya Sandta, soo well done, what a ripper old shilling, and, plenty of other silvers too ,... goes to show, any detector is a good detector in the hands of a great operator.
WHAT A TIGHT LEARNING CURVE ON THE UP N UP. 8) :eek: :p :D :cool:
Ive had alot of good mentors ;)

Congratulations on your 1817 shilling
Looks very good condition
Can we see the other side ?
I'd be over the moon to find that

Thanks fellas,
The other side is very warn , so im not sure how much detail will be revealed
Its in citric acid bath trying to clean it up
I think it will need a bicarb rub as well
Will post pics soon

Latest posts