Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia said:
Just spend a couple of hours playing around with sketch up.
At first it was a little daunting to get the hang of how it worked and I messed up a lot of times and had to start from scratch
Still it fun making these two design ideas for a small living area at the back of the warehouse.
:)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5588/1568810652_design_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5588/1568810717_design_2.jpg
Next step is to make up a floor plan for the layout of the rooms. Bathroom, bedroom with small kitchen living/dinning area.
Budget Aus 5,000

nice.

I noted its for your Fillipino factory.

Dont ya love how Asian countries not only allow , but encourage people to live where they work.

Do that in Oz and the council will drag you to court and steal your money "because you're bad"

Many other countries allow people to construct living quarters at their workplace , so they probably dont even need to own a car "to drive to work" and can use public transport to get around when they need to go somewhere.

That reduces the expense of building roads infrastructure , reduces smog from car exhausts and reduces the amount of time wasted sitting in traffic jams.

But good old straya makes it illegal ... ]:D

Plus no council telling you what you can or cant build on your own land or what business you can or cant operate.
As long as you pay your land tax and VAT tax they leave you alone.
:perfect:

When we bought the land I had a vision of what I wanted to do with the land and what I wanted to build.
Its slowly coming together.
The hardware store at the front of the building has been running for just over 2 years now and is doing ok.
The piggery is on hold for a few months so we only have 4 sows at the moment.
Its scaled back because I need to invest in a biogas digester to eliminate the smell and the daily waste from the pigs and from that produce bio gas.
Im looking at eventually installing a small electric generator that will run off biogas so we can produce electricity as well as cooking gas and organic fertilizer. :playful:
Solar panles for the warehouse roof are on the Planning list when I can afford them one day :/
November is the next planting time , harvest time is in March/April. By then I hope to have the rice and corn buying station ready to start.

Aus $ is 1$ = 35 peso Goody but my construction budget is 5k because I have invested a lot $$ in buying building and construction equipment and I get all our construction and building materials at cost price from my own hadware store, so the main cost of construction for me is labour.

Yesterday my farm manager harvested peanuts ?
117kg from 2500 square metres :power:
1568855609_11061801-e4c8-44c8-bc5c-af0ff608a5e6.jpg

Still working on this advanced knife. I have a journeyman smith coaching me through this one, but unfortunately he can't be with me all the time to hover over my work. Much of it I have to work out for myself. Forged into shape, pre-heat treat grind, heat treated and tempered. I got it to hardness 59 rockwell. In the middle of post heat treat grinding now and taking it very carefully.

whJ0aQd.jpg

BqcLI6e.jpg

uFSvMC1.jpg

2LNiojf.jpg

JoFPgGz.jpg

FQ5zAcF.jpg

G9OKjOz.jpg

I also had to make a custom machete to smash down the blackberry I am constantly blocked by on my prospecting trips.

High carbon steel, hardened and tempered as per normal, but afterwards, given a spring temper by submerging the cutting edge in water and using a propane torch to blue the back. This one didn't have to look pretty, just do the job. I took it up to the goldfields last weekend and smashed my way through to the creek. Works a treat!

111gG7w.jpg

s4kwC7m.jpg

Looking forward to a five day prospecting trip to get away from all this.

I made a massive mess today and yesterday and for the last couple of weeks, but I'm in the process of cleaning it all up. It cost me over $7k in bloody ACT approvals to get an extra couple of rooms extended on one end of my house, where the Viper currently sits. That's without spending money on even one brick!

At the other end of the house, I've cut down the carport and demolished the shittiest shed you have ever seen in your life! I mean, did the builder even have a loose plan or did he just make it up as he went along? I had to get through bolts, screws, rivets and welds, not to mention every joint filled with nomore gaps, silastic and paint! Still going filling a 10m3 skip bin with rubble, but at least I had local utes, vans and trailers lining up for all the materials I stacked up neatly on the curb.

As a knockdown-rebuild, at least the new shed will neat and tidy, not to mention comes with compliant structural engineering certificate. It should arrive mid-month, then I'll have a hangar for the Viper and lots of space for machinery and work benches.

Bring on the serenity of a remote creek...

Carport down.

APDFTa8.jpg

New side fence up.

ikRknxG.jpg

shed to burn down. (I wish it was that easy)

QspNyP1.jpg

NsabEBn.jpg

Shed gone. Crappy brick retaining wall to bust up. (Massive tree stump and leader roots pushing it in from behind.)

HaYIKmP.jpg

i9MPrdI.jpg

Viper weather proofed until the new shed is up at the other end of the house.

GgNGIWV.jpg

Latest posts