XLT Spectrum information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any luck replacing a screen on an xlt?

Grabbed one off fleabay pretty cheap I think but screen has lines...

Thanks!

Never personally changed one .. but I would say you would most likely require a screen module, probably held on the inside with either clips or fine screws, it would be connected via a small length of ribbon cable that would be clipped into a mainboard socket... hate to think how much you would have to pay for a replacement module.
Alternately the faulty screen you have may just require a repositioning of the ribbon cable at the point where it connects to the main board ... may also be a dry solder of a components on the ribbon cable or where the ribbon makes contact with the screen ... worst scenario is that the graphics chip on the main board may have a fault.

You could for your first port of call just take it to a electronics service store for a quote, they should be able to assist in the diagnosis of the remedy.

Cheers

Got in touch with goldsearch, new screen will be $250 delivered. Just need to start saving!

Thanks guys

Potbelly11 said:
Got in touch with goldsearch, new screen will be $250 delivered. Just need to start saving!

Thanks guys

Geez that's steep, I saw some of these for sale at a Whites dealers and they weren't that dear.

Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:

Thanks guys

Geez that's steep, I saw some of these for sale at a Whites dealers and they weren't that dear.

That's what I thought! Oh well can't seem to get one anywhere else so don't have a choice...

Meant to be a pretty good unit though :)

The oz exchange rate is pretty horrific at the moment, so anything coming from the US is likely to come at a premium. Aside from that, a while back someone had to replace a screen on an x-terra 705, and it was cheaper to buy a whole new detector vs a screen when out of warranty, so $250 is probably not too bad in the scheme of things. :)

Potbelly11 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:

Thanks guys

That's what I thought! Oh well can't seem to get one anywhere else so don't have a choice...

I will phone the Whites Engineer here and see what he has, they don't list the parts anymore but they do have a lot of older bits in the shed, fingers crossed.

john

Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:

Thanks guys

I will phone the Whites Engineer here and see what he has, they don't list the parts anymore but they do have a lot of older bits in the shed, fingers crossed.

john

That would be awesome! Where exactly is here? Lol :)

It can still be used just a bit of a pain to navigate the menus...

Potbelly11 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Potbelly11 said:

Thanks guys

john

That would be awesome! Where exactly is here? Lol :)

It can still be used just a bit of a pain to navigate the menus...

I am in the UK But I am from QLD, it's 07:35 here so I will phone them in an hour and a half and see what they have,ok

If not I will ask them if they can get one because they might get it cheaper this way.

john

There is the whole machine on ebay here for 165 X by 2.07= ??

Potbelly11 said:
Let me know! I really appreciate the effort :)

Thanks heaps RR

My pleasure Mate, that's what I am here for, 20 minutes to go, and if I can get them to get me one from the US it will be worth it, Fingers crossed.

The XLT is a Silver Magnet and they hit coins pretty deep too and there are some MONSTER Coils made for them from a 5" concentric right up to a 15" concentric which in mild ground or on the Beach is extremely powerful depth wise.

John

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
grubstake said:
We already have one on they way, It's a pity the bidding doesn't end sooner Aye,
john

No worries, John. I wasn't sure from the postings above what (if any), action had resulted, so when I noticed the auction, I thought I'd post the link in case it was helpful.

No worries mate, the postage is about $7.50 US or about 10 bucks Australian so it's no biggie Aye, we just need the man out there swinging the coil, So life is good,

take care,, John

Latest posts