Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

This is the catalogue of my gold panning career so far. Feedback more than welcome, Its since I started in January. There are 9 videos in all.

Feedback more than welcome

Hey Balx.

I just had a quick flick through on the mobile, looks like a great video so I'll check it out in full when I'm back on the computer. Love the EZ-Sluice by the way :)

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks fellas. As you will see as you go thru the rest of the videos the ez sluice gets turfed and I get a power sluice but of coarse now I want a high banker. Few more months and I will want an excavator and a d-12 dozer. haha

Will definitely check out your other videos as well.

Was the EZ Sluice not living up to expectations or did you simply out grow it?

Nah its great for puddling about, but I hate screening down so much, and with the laws keeping me in creeks water flow is sometimes an issue as well. But for $50 bucks its brilliant.

I know what you mean about having to classify right down, I found the same thing so I ended up swapping out the miners moss for a deep ribbed marine carpet.

I like the portability of the EZ Sluice but have recently discovered the MacKirk Grub Steak which is even more so. I can see how each have their own purpose though.

$50AU is cheap especially if that included the flare.

Yeah Im going to do a bit of hiking in to some remote spots over winter to scout them out, so the ez will be perfect for that.

G'day Balx,

From your vid the big standout is the lack of water speed to get the sluice functioning anywhere near effectively. A sluice has to run enough water speed to expose 50% of the trapping medium at all times. Miners Moss in particular needs enough water speed to have it continually cleared for the gold to settle within the mat, and your gold had no chance to even get to the miners moss. Having riffles filled to the surface will guarantee most of the gold will go over the end.

In low flow areas you're much faster panning off your buckets with a speed pan or Supper Sluice, and this way you'll guarantee to retain 99% of that hard earned gold..... Nice looking creek your working there, and I'm sure with more water through your sluice the results will increase dramatically.

Cheers Wal :)

Thanks Wal, If you have some time can you checkout my later videos as I have used the bread crate in the power sluice i built would love some feedback.

Hay Balx,
I'd pull that bilge pump apart if I were you.
I bought two of the same pumps from oz-plazaliving on ebay and they leaked water into the motor compartment.
If you leave them too long you'll be throwing them in the garbage.
I dried mine out and sealed them up with silicon around the cable grommet and the lower 'O' ring.

How these people can sell this junk is beyond me, imagine if you had it in a boat and you were outside and needed it in a hurry.
You'd be calling the coast guard.

Cheers
Mick

HAHA thanks Mick will check it out, thinking I might get a petrol pump, sick of lugging in the battery.

Balx said:
HAHA thanks Mick will check it out, thinking I might get a petrol pump, sick of lugging in the battery.

Hay Blax,
If you'r sick of lugging the battery you'll soon get sick of lugging a petrol pump especially if you upgrade to a highbanker and need more flow.

Cheers
Mick

Latest posts