GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it happen 3/4 times in 10 months
Same thing swapping through high yield /extra deep.
Bit of a concern the first time it goes.

Also now it won't talk to the computer ,might be a contact with the pins/lead etc ..... Not too sure.

probbably right there big wave I've wonderd that myself ,though sometimes I've got a small 2way on me and it won't pick it up at all.
Ps like the "direction finding daughter"
Very handy!

Go the gpz 7000, bring on the new 19 inch coil;good finds LC76.
Cheers, SinHof.

Using manual GB with the Z, has produced some encouraging results in ground where because of rocks the coils height varies from on ground to 6" above. With manual GB providing the Zs GB has been given a chance to GB in auto, have found it is much smoother with an occasional quick quick track. Much like with the Xs. Personally have found I would much prefer the quick track button operating as per the Xs, ie into manual on depression or auto if using in manual.

I suspect with time we will evolve to using the Z as per the Xs. Of course for patch hunting auto tracking is the go but for cleaning up patches where there is depth manual comes up with the deep pieces auto cancels.

Yeah true.

What I always liked is the ground balance set-up as used on the GT/ Ft16000. A 3 position switch where one position is spring loaded.

So for the Zed you could have:

Forward position - Fixed GB
Middle position - Tracking
Squeeze momentary - for doing the ferrite assist balance

This would be much more user friendly in my opinion.
But, possibly less durable than the current button.

mbasko said:
Chewy said:
Well done. Pays to keep you eyes open along the way. :)
True that. Wonder how many of us have seen a spot that looks good but haven't stopped because it's not a known or well known area or we're in a rush to get somewhere else. I know I have.....

i know i have, i was driving around looking for a spot, stopped to change into my boots and have a pee and saw a quartz vain, had a look, took some photos got excited that i was in the goldfields and drove off to find my spot, on looking back at the photos some time later spotted a nice bit of gold still in the quartz that i missed while looking at the damn thing, beginners eyes rather than beginners luck that time

Yep, it gets a bit overwhelming sometimes with the sensory overload and the excitement of getting out on the hunt. It's easy to miss the obvious. I get a bit like a kid in a candy store when I get over there to. I don't know where to look 1st. Lol :lol:

Just chiming in with regards to my last outing with the z. The emi was that bad i had to run in high smoothing which improved things. The emi was still that bad i was being forced to stop every few steps to wait out the crazy spikes. In the end i was running the threshold on 1 and this masked the emi spikes and i was able to run sensitivity up to 16 at times without interuption from emi. Prior to dropping the threshold the highest i could run the sens was 8 and i still had to stop frequently to wait out the emi crazyness which seemed to happen when the wind picked up. Signals still came through loud and clear with a slightly increased volume limit. Was also in high yield, difficult, auto gb.

Managed to get over 30 little nugs for the day.
Heading back to the same spot again this weekend and emi is bad at the best of times. I dont think im sacrificing any depth as a result and not sure how the low threshold would effect a deep target etc.
Would be great to hear your thoughts and also this may help someone struggling with emi like at this spot im currently working.

walshie1000 said:
Just chiming in with regards to my last outing with the z. The emi was that bad i had to run in high smoothing which improved things. The emi was still that bad i was being forced to stop every few steps to wait out the crazy spikes. In the end i was running the threshold on 1 and this masked the emi spikes and i was able to run sensitivity up to 16 at times without interuption from emi. Prior to dropping the threshold the highest i could run the sens was 8 and i still had to stop frequently to wait out the emi crazyness which seemed to happen when the wind picked up. Signals still came through loud and clear with a slightly increased volume limit. Was also in high yield, difficult, auto gb.

Managed to get over 30 little nugs for the day.
Heading back to the same spot again this weekend and emi is bad at the best of times. I dont think im sacrificing any depth as a result and not sure how the low threshold would effect a deep target etc.
Would be great to hear your thoughts and also this may help someone struggling with emi like at this spot im currently working.

This can and does work when EMI is extreme, but you have to be aware that your target signal area is chopped right down, i.e. you really have to overlap.
Did you try to manually tune?

Great work on the gold!

Thanks phasetech. I did notice that now you mention it. Lucky im in the habbit of overlapping from using monos on the gpx. I did try to manually tune and the spikes seemed to be coming in on every channel. Its a strange area, never experienced this elsewhere.
Heres a pic of the pieces, i stopped counting at 30. Or should i say lost count lol

1464164868_rps20160522_200550.jpg

On sunday mate. Ive had emi at this spot each time ive been there. Had it with the gpx as well. Not sure what its from as there is nothing nearby that im aware of. Just have to persist with no threshold i think. Im still getting the small stuff no worries, hope im not missing any of the bigger bits. This place on has small gold anyways

Latest posts