deus charging clip problem ,cant even send out a new one?.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys so as you know i got a new deus and it seems to be doing ok but i have a bit of a issue .when i got the deus i noticed the coil cover was a tiny bit warped and the charging clip dosnt clip onto the terminals properly .i got the detector shipped from prospectors patch in perth because i live pretty far away from those guys .so i asked the guy could he help me out with a new clip and he said i would have to come in and see him even tho i live 2 hrs away .i asked him could he just send me out a new clip and ill send the old one back so i wasnt without a detector but they said they couldnt do that .

so then i contacted xp detectors australia and they said i have to go through prospectors patch for my warrenty which i just cant understand .i mean i work in business and you have to look after your customers and keep them happy thats how business grows and becomes stronger .but it is like xp dosnt even care that i have a 4 day old detector with a charging clip that dosnt sit on the terminals properly so sometimes it charges and other times i gotta sit there for 30mins trying to get the egzact position of the clip .

one of the things the guy said to me was to take the cover off and charge it but when you do that the charger clip has no way of gripping the terminals and if i take the cover off everyday .the xp deus covers are very weak and with time it would most likely break but even if i did this there is no way for the clip to grip it so that dosnt work anyway .

i mean this detector cost me $1800 and when i got my ctx3030 it had a broken foot on it so i rang minelab and they sent me a new set of feet no questions asked and it arrived within 3 days .im sure the guys at prospectors patch are nice people but this has got me a bit ticked off .if you pay that sort of money for a detector you expect service especially if its only 4 days old .

i guess minelabs service will just never be beat by any other company .this is one thing i have noticed with minelab .noone can beat thier service they truely care about this customers .anyway that was my rant for the day :) sorry guys .

its just that i work 14hr days and i have my own business and clients to worry about and when i get home all i wanna do is go out and detect and relax a bit and clear my head of the stresses i have and i guess this just ticked me off a bit .

Gday thaitran, Sandta didn't place a smiley face, it is face he posted to show you sympathy.
Regards Steve

Are you any closer to their store at Kalgoorlie, or are you south of Perth?

I know its a pain in the butt, but it may be a case of shipping it back to the store they shipped it to you from, so they can honor the warranty!

Or can you combine a business trip to Perth to meet with suppliers or customers and at the same time get the detector sorted?

I agree, its just not good enough....these companies are quite happy to ship their products anywhere in the country but when you have an issue, they claim that you need to come into the store to get it resolved.
Go figure?

If all else fails, you could resort to the tried and tested method of good ol' Blackmail.

Call them again and let it slip that you are a member of a well known detecting forum which is read by prospectors Australia wide.......now we wouldnt want The Prospectors Patch getting a bad name would we?

You get the drift.

Sometimes you have to apply a bit of pressure in the right area's.

Good Luck ;)

thaitran said:
hey guys so as you know i got a new deus and it seems to be doing ok but i have a bit of a issue .when i got the deus i noticed the coil cover was a tiny bit warped and the charging clip dosnt clip onto the terminals properly .i got the detector shipped from prospectors patch in perth because i live pretty far away from those guys .so i asked the guy could he help me out with a new clip and he said i would have to come in and see him even tho i live 2 hrs away .i asked him could he just send me out a new clip and ill send the old one back so i wasnt without a detector but they said they couldnt do that .

I am a bit confused with what you wrote here.

Your saying the coil cover is slightly warped so the clip can not clip in place
hence your asking for a new charging clip?

(I own a Deus and I know what you mean).

But how is changing the charging clip going to help if the issue is the coil cover
sticking out due to the warp and not being able to clip the charger in place?

You need to provide photos with the problem your having on here
and when dealing with the dealers via email and so on.

Worse case email XP Metal Detectors in France and cc the other 2 dealers
and explain your plight but do show some photos..

You may need a new coil cover.

With any detector always keep them stored in a cool place.

Hope this helps.

hey guys well looks like prospectors patch eventually came through .i did email xp but they said they couldnt help me and i mentioned i never had this problem with minelab and how they would help me no questions asked which is true with my ctx if i had a problem minelab were on it like blowflys and fixed it right there and then .so i guess deus have realised that they need to step up thier game .but long story short brett said he would send the clip out and hopefully it would fix the problem .ye i have a slight morph in the coil cover im not sure if this is contributing to the issue but ill soon find out .

anyway in all im happy that they finally came through i was a bit bugged that it took so long because with minelab they dont hesitate to help thier customers .but big thx to brett at prospectors patch for finally coming through :).

Wolfau said:
thaitran said:

I am a bit confused with what you wrote here.

Your saying the coil cover is slightly warped so the clip can not clip in place
hence your asking for a new charging clip?

(I own a Deus and I know what you mean).

But how is changing the charging clip going to help if the issue is the coil cover
sticking out due to the warp and not being able to clip the charger in place?

You need to provide photos with the problem your having on here
and when dealing with the dealers via email and so on.

Worse case email XP Metal Detectors in France and cc the other 2 dealers
and explain your plight but do show some photos..

You may need a new coil cover.

With any detector always keep them stored in a cool place.

Hope this helps.

thx for the advice wolfau hows your deus going anyway .i tell ya these deus are a great machine light weight ,easy to swing and love coins only problem i have now and agani is picking up tin foil but im getting better with recognizing foil from coins i noticed it makes a very pronounced beep when you go over a coin and not so pronounced when you go over foil :).

Metamorphic said:
Are you any closer to their store at Kalgoorlie, or are you south of Perth?

I know its a pain in the butt, but it may be a case of shipping it back to the store they shipped it to you from, so they can honor the warranty!

Or can you combine a business trip to Perth to meet with suppliers or customers and at the same time get the detector sorted?

I agree, its just not good enough....these companies are quite happy to ship their products anywhere in the country but when you have an issue, they claim that you need to come into the store to get it resolved.
Go figure?

If all else fails, you could resort to the tried and tested method of good ol' Blackmail.

Call them again and let it slip that you are a member of a well known detecting forum which is read by prospectors Australia wide.......now we wouldnt want The Prospectors Patch getting a bad name would we?

You get the drift.

Sometimes you have to apply a bit of pressure in the right area's.

Good Luck ;)

yeh i understand i mean i wouldnt go that far but if worse came to worse i would post on here how i was mistreated by any store that could not help me with a warrenty but bottom line is that would be worst case scenario and brett at prospectors patch could be a good guy and just trying to get by like most of us so i didnt want to judge the guy straight off the bat .

i know how hard it is to get a business off the ground and make it successful and for me to try give a business a bad name after one unresolved issue that is now resolved would be a pretty mean move .

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Maybe the forum has its own form of healing properties :D

healing properties haha i think there are alot of good people on here hey and we all share the same passion .i remember when i first started metal detecting and i felt such like a dork and thought to myself this isnt me cause i was a very sporty guy and a ladies man so metal detecting was not in my vocabulary but i had so much stress at work and it was something i wanted to give a try .anyway as the days went by i noticed that when i was metal detecting my stress and anxietys turned to calmness and i was just focusing on what was under the ground rather than the problems i had with myself .so i guess in a way metal detecting is very healing its like watching fish in a fish tank i feel it just has a way of simplifying things and calming you down and putting you mind in a differant place :).if that makes sense.

I am waiting for the heat to die down and for the rain to start so it softens the
ground a bit.

I want to take the Deus to a Ghost Town but just changed cars (due to a car accident) and
now I need to be sure its reliable before going for a 4 hour drive.

I purchased 2 pairs of headphones they are both different and going to work out which is better
tone wise.

Its a great machine and its super light. I love the Deus. No machine is perfect just remember that.

Just take care where you store the XP make sure its in a cool place.

The advantage you have is if you buy another coil and make a top shaft for it you have another
detector ;) as long as you bought the one with controller and headphones controller.

yeh thats true .i was out today and found another $25 in $2 and $1 coins that i had smashed with my ctx this thing truely is amazing and i love how i can see a bottle cap and will ring and break up at the same time so you know its a bottle cap or when you go over tin foil and it will ring in the same tone as a $2 or $1 but it wont be as strong a tone so you can kinda tell when you have a $1 or $2 because it kinda rings a bit louder .really loving this machine .the weight of it is great because whe ni had my ctx omg i couldnt detect for more than a hr without my arm feeling like it was gonna fall of and the ctx missed so many targets :(.sorry if i going on i just cant get over how something so light without any cables and you can fold up can be so powerful .

thaitran said:
yeh thats true .i was out today and found another $25 in $2 and $1 coins that i had smashed with my ctx this thing truely is amazing and i love how i can see a bottle cap and will ring and break up at the same time so you know its a bottle cap or when you go over tin foil and it will ring in the same tone as a $2 or $1 but it wont be as strong a tone so you can kinda tell when you have a $1 or $2 because it kinda rings a bit louder .really loving this machine .the weight of it is great because whe ni had my ctx omg i couldnt detect for more than a hr without my arm feeling like it was gonna fall of and the ctx missed so many targets :(.sorry if i going on i just cant get over how something so light without any cables and you can fold up can be so powerful .

That's the same reason I sold my etrac and Sov GT because the iron masking even when the Iron mask was turned off it was still running in the back ground and XP and Whites don't have that feature fitted unless it can be controlled, The XP's are great machines but we have had dealer issues over here too, so much so there was an Article in THE SEARCHER magazine about one dealer selling the XP gold maxx Power to A Guy who was a beach hunter and the XP GMP is Useless on the Beach because they are made for Land and WILL NOT work on the Beach PERIOD,

On Land they were wicked at finding small items and in a short while really made a name for them selves,

Ridge Runner said:
That's the same reason I sold my etrac and Sov GT because the iron masking even when the Iron mask was turned off it was still running in the back ground and XP and Whites don't have that feature fitted unless it can be controlled, The XP's are great machines but we have had dealer issues over here too, so much so there was an Article in THE SEARCHER magazine about one dealer selling the XP gold maxx Power to A Guy who was a beach hunter and the XP GMP is Useless on the Beach because they are made for Land and WILL NOT work on the Beach PERIOD,

On Land they were wicked at finding small items and in a short while really made a name for them selves,

I like my XP Deus just the way it is. I like to hear the iron and I like to control the iron volume and I like my
reativity setting which helps split the iron target and coin that are very close to each other. This machine was
designed and built by metal detector operators not guys with white coats sitting in a lab hence why its very
popular in the UK and is gaining momentum in the USA and I now suspect in Australia where the price has been
dropped.

https://www.prospectorspatch.com.au/eshop/products/XP-DEUS-V3-%2d-With-22cm-Coil.html

XP make cutting edge detectors. The Deus is one. easy to use, very light and folds up. In time we will
see other manufacturers trying to come up with something as compact and light in size and weight. The good
news though the Deus has been around for a while so I can't wait to see what they next offer.

Which country are you refferring to about the XP GMP? As far as I am aware these detectors are not imported into
Australia nor have I seen them for sale here in Australia.

Below is a link to another forum where guys have used the XP GMP on wet and dry sand.

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35082

Latest posts