Your favorite Gold movie.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a thread to name and talk about your favorite gold prospecting movie or movie about gold. (No TV shows as that's covered in another thread.)

Mine is pretty obvious. Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It won a few Oscars but, it's in the AFI's top100 for good reason. It's from a book (I don't know why there's not a eBook of it somewhere.)

It's packed with powerful scenes and great quotes. Walter Houston steals the movie from boggy and he let's him. Some say It's one of the greatest films ever produced. It's about more than gold...It's adjectives...It's a adventure, It's about Greed, a masterpiece of characterization, hard work, human sprit, grit, Luck and much more. The movies not about gold...it's just a co-star.

It was hard to make. Had cool cameos by a very young Robert Blake and even John Houston who directed it and who was also the son of Walter Houston (Howard)

For me personal...I'd seen it a couple times when I was younger, as I'm a Bogart fan. I really liked it. (I'm young or I thought I was being in my early 40's). However, over the past 10 years the movie has grown closer to me. It's somehow intertwine with my DNA now. To me it's about Hope. Going for it and having success. With Gold, unlike success...you can go get it...it just depends on have bad you want it. What a thing that is.

I enjoy the first half much more than the second half. If I re-did the movie I'd lose the last half and put more on the gold finding and mining. Show how hard it was and watch what they did to get. Then throw in a few turns... on how they get out...and how they spend it. Then have them lose it again and become like Howard...full circle.

Trailer:

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpvO8JabEc[/video]

The man from snowy river

my favourite line from old spur Harrison would be...

"come here,wait till you see this...(nuggets thrown on top of wine barrel)...now that's the kinda colour I been getting lately"!!

scott :)

There's nothing more Australian than a moustache wearing kangaroo kicking back a frothy at the bar!

Latest posts