Western Australia (WA) Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been quite warm down south also,where been out most this week,cuppla days this week was only 32-34 but it wore us down a bit with no shade about,boss said we averaged 15+ klms per day by her fitness i watch thingamagig,is there someone breeding flies in wa at the moment,there beserk out there!

Had 5 drops hit my windscreen last week, 4 evaporated and 1 is still there so I think that 1 was bug guts.
We didn't get the 2.3mm over winter and have had under 2 inches for the year, but we are better off than some places around here.

They wont declare it a drought until February if nothing changes.

One of the big problems as the article states is the amount of camels coming in from the desert in extremely poor shape, mange is rampant in the camels as well as dog.
Camels are trashing the wells and fences and starting to approach town. I had 2 camels outside my door about 20 minutes ago, they can smell the water from the tank and will chew the poly pipe to get to it.

This sounds like a "Meanwhile, in Australia..." story. Camels eating poly pipe to get to water! Only in WA! :eek:

Nah Megs...all over. Alice Springs gets hit bad at times and they will destroy hot water systems on the sides of houses to get at water.
Camels have massive canine teeth.. as thick and as long as your thumb, if you have a drip in a pipe or hose fitting they will destroy it. They have a powerful bite.

A camel can drink 200 litres in 3 minutes, so 3 or 4 camels will drain a trough in about a minute. The problem is the trough can not fill as fast as they drink it so they try to get to where the water is coming in and usually bust the float so you end up losing a whole tank of water.

Holy hell! Really?! I did not know that!

Sounds like we need a lot more people with guns out there!

MegsyB007 said:
Holy hell! Really?! I did not know that!

Sounds like we need a lot more people with guns out there!
What we need is to establish a local industry so we can utilise them for pet meat or human consumption instead of just dropping them and letting them rot. It's a wasted resource.

Steve I hear you on this. I have seen the damage camels do. It's amazing how they just walk right through a fence. I have even heard story's of them years ago trying to pull the old style air cons from the wall to get to the water they produce.

Also do you know why we have to wait to Feb for the government to declare drought? For some that may be a bit late

shakergt said:
Steve I hear you on this. I have seen the damage camels do. It's amazing how they just walk right through a fence. I have even heard story's of them years ago trying to pull the old style air cons from the wall to get to the water they produce.

Also do you know why we have to wait to Feb for the government to declare drought? For some that may be a bit late

Not full bottle on all the ins and outs but its sort of like how they define a recession... X months or years below what should fall in that time period. Crappy explanation sorry

Simular situation in Stanthorpe QLD, the State Gov is waiting for our Summer Storm season to start before having to Truck water into them... It has taken Private Enterprise(Finnish) to bring them water so far...
And they used 1/3 of their water supply to fight the recent bushfires....

LW....

Still getting hot

1571382243_5dbc0e5b-d404-41f3-b6cf-65d34c971122.jpg

Latest posts