using a detector around Hawker and Flinders ranges.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitzygold

Mal Collins
Reaction score
Hi, I am going to Hawker in SA,for a week or two in September,can anyone tell me if this area is ok for detecting,any clues as to any particular spot would be appreciated. :/

I'm also going to the Flinders in September, I'm not taking my detector, why......?

There are 3 types of land in the area;

Private, you need the landowners permission,
Aboriginal, you need the traditional owners permission,
National Park, they won't give you permission.

I will stand corrected if I'm wrong.

The only other option is, don't get caught ! But I will NOT advocate this.

:( Thanks Condor,so much for that idea,maybe I will just admire the scenery.

Hey, there's no law that says you can't wander round the Flinders Ranges NP with a detector. Carrying a pick might be the giveaway.....

I digress slightly, I went up there in the 70s with an Army Unit, bush bash. We were a mobile RAEME unit, so we had gennys trucks and yes concrete breakers. We used them to try to dig the latrine pit. After less than 12" of digging, we buggered 3 of them. My memory of that gives me absolutely no desire to try digging anywhere up there.

So this is my 1st trip to the Flinders in 10yrs, I'm taking the wife, the camera and my 4by....

Thanks again Condor,will see what happens when the time comes,enjoy yourselves sounds good to me. ;) :/

You could take the detector with you in the car and always knock on a few doors at private property while you are in the area.

Latest posts