Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad you should be proud of yourself. Very neat job. Must be itching to get out there again. It's good to get it done during the colder months and save the rest of the year for "detectoring".
Cheers--have a few beers. :lol:

bmzgold said:
Today i made my first sluice and got colors from the concentrates i have brought home in the past!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done, I need to get back into the gold side of things, i am bit like a horse with blinkers on......stay on target, stay on target.
I will need to do a small addition to my sluice but atm the wife wants a few things done.
One day when it is all done I will sit back and have a cold bundy.
Brad..

Bit of an old video, but I forgot I had it on youtube! Heres a vid of one of my homemade rockets, this was one of the tests that I launched nearly 4 years ago. I was / can make them from scratch using cardboard, clay, glue, sulfur, charcoal and KNO3. The early rockets I lit by hand using a lighter, I now use a 12v relay switch and get the power from the car to launch them. In the vid, the actual launch happens at 0:47 on the timeline.

If the vid isnt working here, you can check out my youtube page mehurtmyfinger: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgA1cdJEp-t3SN1S7LzLALA
There is also a failed attempt of a rocket, I was still trying to mix the right fuels at that point, but still got a mini launch.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRsLFHdR5IY[/video]

All safety considerations are put into place when I have been doing these.

Mate I will have to call you McGyver. I have seen your tools and I am sure you can launch one to the orbit in near future. :)

They look super cool Atomrat,

How can I find plans to build me some of those little rockets. They look like heaps of fun

Cheers

MJB said:
They look super cool Atomrat,

How can I find plans to build me some of those little rockets. They look like heaps of fun

Cheers
There are still many dangers involved with making even these small rockets. I put together months of research to be able to make them mate, a bit much to explain here. If you PM me, I can explain as much as I can to you, but I cannot guarantee you safety or all of your fingers. ( But I will explain all safety you must consider )

It involves grinding powders in a ball mill or by hand in a mortar and pestle. Forms are to be made to make the rockets on by 'ramming' the powder into the cardboard tubes. The hardest thing would be, where do you get potassium nitrate from to make your own gunpowder? Thats another thing I can help with in the PM if you are interested. But it is all a lot of work to get a rocket up if you make one. Shotgun shell powder may work but I have never tried it, so Ill have to test it with that first.

If you want to get on the lazy side, you can buy a rocket kit and "motors" ( the things I am making ) from any hobby store that sells and repairs RC planes, cars etc. Motors for rockets can cost from $20 - $70. You get 3-5 motors in each pack, and they come with an e-match / quickmatch detonator that you need to electronically activate using a switch. I really do recommend these, and also to look up a little info on launching rockets safely.

If you want mega basic, buy a packet of sparklers and wrap them tight in masking tape. Have one hanging out for a fuse, and three hanging out the other way so you can make tri pod legs for the rocket to launch off :)

Beagleboy said:
Mate I will have to call you McGyver. I have seen your tools and I am sure you can launch one to the orbit in near future. :)
I would have launched one into orbit, but to do that I would need to let the airforce and airports / aviation know as there are laws!
I have been called McGyver a few times hahaha! :lol: :lol: I love to make everything! Yeah.. too many tools lol

Sounds like a fair bit of hard work AtomRAt,

I used to play around with sparklers when I was a teenager and blow stuff up :eek: sometimes not on purpose :p

I have made crackers too out of gunpowder and cannon fuse(the green stuff) that blew into the sky and then when bang again..all pretty good fun but safety has to be paramount.

I might look into these rocket kits mate and have a go. I'm not bothered by having to build something, makes it all the more fun.

Thanks mate,

My first Biltong maker. Just need to put some ventilation holes in it and beer in the fridge.

1413450434_image.jpg

Started the rock wall and the new Jack hammer certainly made short work smashing thru the dense sandstone type rock.
The wall will be completely made from rocks from the property I dig at, so a bit of hard work ahead of me for sure..
Wife lady is pretty happy, so another trip out to Glendon to gather some more rocks and some buckets of dirt with some au in it.

Plenty to do around the "Elrancho relaxo", I even managed a rumbo last night, 51 yrs old now.
Cheers
Brad

aushunter said:
Started the rock wall and the new Jack hammer certainly made short work smashing thru the dense sandstone type rock.
The wall will be completely made from rocks from the property I dig at, so a bit of hard work ahead of me for sure..
Wife lady is pretty happy, so another trip out to Glendon to gather some more rocks and some buckets of dirt with some au in it.

Plenty to do around the "Elrancho relaxo", I even managed a rumbo last night, 51 yrs old now.
Cheers
Brad

i hope a rumbo is what i think it is......

If my missus gave me a birthday gift like that she would be getting a few good special rumbos alright :p

aushunter said:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/P1080763_zpsefcbdb58.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/P1080762_zpsd52161d8.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/P1080766_zps894b9a9f.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/P1080764_zpsa4e8b924.jpg

Cheers
Brad

I like the big jack hammer might have to invest in one of those :) :eek: :cool:

Modified an old muffler to quieten down my pump even more.
For a 2stroke, these Mitsubishi pumps are fairly quiet as is.

An other bonus to being quieter, is that the exhaust outlet is now aimed away from the pump water outlet so the noise will be aimed away from where I'll be working.

1414610750_image.jpg

1414610786_image.jpg

1414610817_image.jpg

Nice set of projects going on here Fella's,

Brad, the window hoods look great, love the details in them, the rest of the reno's look very well done, I like the path out the back with the rock wall.

Mudguts, the trailer reno is a great looking asset for the future, you could almost live in the trailer box! it huge!

Agman great muffler for the pump, as beagle says, watch out for the legs when your mucking around with her.

And Wally and the dehydrator, great work there also, nice bit of ingenuity with the plastic box, make for an easy clean operation when the drying is done,

Cheers, Tone

Latest posts