Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wally,
Mackka is right, a wheel dresser is on the cards. There is the type he described with metal wheels and then there is the diamond tipped wheel dresser that does a great job too. I ordered one of each for work a few years ago and I think the diamond one was actually cheaper.

Check out Blackwoods if Bunnings has none.

Cheers

Thanks guys, i am still trying to come down off the high from mackka's suggestion that a trip to bunnings is in order. Mind you, trolling through the blackwoods catalogue was one of my favourite pastimes at one point in my career.

Diamond dresser.......got me thinking i might be able to make one with my small crappy sapphires. But at around $15, a trip to bunnings wins out :D :p :lol:

StirFX said:
kleinman98 said:
Gday everybody. Today I bought a 3D printer and hope for delivery on wednesday.
Think of anything made of plastic and you could make it with this.
Nice! I've always wanted a 3D printer.
How much did that set you back?
Cheers, :D

Cost me $1100 and about $27 to $40 per kg of ABS or PLA. Nylon or PET is maybe double.
Got delivery yesterday and already printing out the riffle profiles.
This is a handy piece of kit.

A new pick from Ebay as I left my old pick up at Waanyarra the other week. Not happy Jan.

$70 delivered to Melbourne seems like a reasonable price considering what the main pick producers are charging for similar items!

Reminded me of a project that my brother-in-law took on. He brought a number of old plough discs for $15 each. Took to them with a cutting wheel and got 3 from a disc. cut an elliptical hole in each and attached a cut down pick handle.
He said it worked like a charm. Still waiting for mine hehehehe.
Cheers
Mackka

1407841891_pick.jpg

Plough disc pick I made for the missis same as mine works great