Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
got my new 50 foot galvanized wire rope ladder from these guys http://wireropeladders.com.au/
ordered Thursday arrived today from qld :) going to feel alot more secure taking this with me into the mines.

I got the bloke to load test the rungs for me, 816KG the rung started to bend but the crimp didn't break :) bloody 16kgs but well worth it i reckon.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/357/1417390560_wire_rope_ladder_arrived.jpg

Awesome bit of gear mate...that should get you to the bottom of things :p

Today i brought 59.84 litres of uel @ 1.37 Per litre totaling $80.74 + 1 off - 5W30, 5 litre of Castrol Magnatec Fuel Saver Engine Oil @ $ 53.88 EA + 1 OFF 5W30, 1 litre of Castrol Magnatec Fuel Saver Engine Oil @ $17.78 + 1 OFF Drift LS1 magnetic high performance oil filter @ $20 + $172 total.

Got a new job, will be an even 1000 km a week commute, did some maintenance on the ol monaro.

looking for a reliable reasonably cheap car/ute/4x4 to commute from bendigo to gisborne in daily

HeadsUp said:

Hi headsup..
Smart move..
We have the 6.5 dbi antenna, works even over in W.A in the way out places.. Even if it means parking on a hill.. It works..
It works better then our yagi antenna.
Found setting up the yagi antenna to be a real pain in the B##t

Thought we would be clever and brought the 9dbi antenna at the Telstra store in kalgoorlie..
As the sales kid, said it picks up the signal further out..
Yeah! Wrong!
What a waste of money that was, here we were thinking it would work better.. :mad:
Nope! It didn't work at all, no signal strength.. Where as the 6.5dbi worked a treat..
Just goes to show higher dbi isn't always better..
Yet the 7.5 dbi one worked well, that was on another car..

So the 9dbi will sit on the roof at home now :D

Jen58 said:
HeadsUp said:

Hi headsup..
Smart move..
We have the 6.5 dbi antenna, works even over in W.A in the way out places.. Even if it means parking on a hill.. It works..

Thought we would be clever and brought the 9dbi antenna at the Telstra store in kalgoorlie..
Yeah! Wrong!
What a waste of money that was, here we were thinking it would work better.. :mad:
Nope! It didn't work at all, no signal strength.. Where as the 6.5dbi worked a treat..

9 - 11 dBi antenna supposed to be good for long range coverage on big open flat areas , 6.5 dBi best for hilly country or places with lots of trees

omnidirectional best for vehicles

yagi for permanent fixture on homes

i dont think you can get a " one antenna does all scenarios " but if you felt fancy you could fit two and switch between them if one doesnt work

i dont feel that fancy , the 6.5 is a huge improvement

HeadsUp said:
Jen58 said:
HeadsUp said:

Hi headsup..
Smart move..

Yeah! Wrong!

9 - 11 dBi antenna supposed to be good for long range coverage on big open flat areas , 6.5 dBi best for hilly country or places with lots of trees

omnidirectional best for vehicles

yagi for permanent fixture on homes

i dont think you can get a " one antenna does all scenarios " but if you felt fancy you could fit two and switch between them if one doesnt work

i dont feel that fancy , the 6.5 is a huge improvement

Your right Headsup...
We should have done our homework hey? :lol:

A new cook book. Love the hot stuff.

1418602636_20141215_110953_copy.jpg

Latest posts