Retirement Requirements

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
retirement age legislation has absolutely nothing to do with when you decide to retire.
It will be an age when you are eligible to receive an old age pension.
So up to the individual to set himself up and retire when you want to, be that 40, 50 or whatever.

Redfin said:
retirement age legislation has absolutely nothing to do with when you decide to retire.
It will be an age when you are eligible to receive an old age pension.
So up to the individual to set himself up and retire when you want to, be that 40, 50 or whatever.

Used to be like that and still will be for a minority but in the future the majority of Australians will be stuffed.
Spend some time living o/seas and you'll see how insanely expensive Australia has become and the path the economy is going.
There's plenty of opportunities to buy o/seas property for half or less of what it costs here and set yourself up a nice portfolio which can set you up nicely for retirement.
Myself I have been in semi retirement since before I turned 40 and have houses and blocks of units o/seas and only rent here in Oz . O/ seas income runs o/seas businesses and has kept and keeps me with a nice comfortable lifestyle and able to travel when and where I please. Right place, right time has a lot to do with it but so does being able to see and seize financial opportunities when they present themselves and smart diversified investing should see you able to have a comfortable lifestyle until you kick the bucket.
Well that's my 2 bobs worth and has seen me right.

Yeah I've decided to retire in my 20's. Camper van+metal detecting+porcini+100grand = My personal retirement

If you want to keep it simple and follow your interests.......

A comfortable retirement for a couple = the ability to find about 41.4oz of gold per year, or about 30oz for a single person.

( based on the spot price of gold and published super guidelines)

Looks like I am in trouble :eek: and may need to upskill

Sparra - check this website out. Yes, it's a government website and I'm sure the government conspiracy theorists will have something to say. The good thing about it is they are not flogging any financial products nor taking a lifetime commission as do many financial planners. And as we all know - get three quotes, read the fine print and always remember, it's your money/assets- don't be shy in saying NO, bollox, give me a discount, etc etc. My only other advice, don't use a 'financial planner' that is not CPA qualified.

https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/

And there is this free booklet to peruse as well.

https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/media/332959/financial-decisions-at-retirement.pdf

Latest posts