Rare Bundy from 1970

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking to see if there is any interest out there. Looking to sell my bottle of bundy that was given to me from my last job from a lady who kept it from her wedding that she held at her house. I have had the information from a bundy collector site, it has the old bear and only three labels. Also the bottle is still full and sealed. Asking $2,000.00 Ono as I'm not a bundy fan, im sure there is someone out there who collects it and would appreciate it more than me
C1D470EC-1C3A-4627-9AD6-A0A55C3BF374_zps3yuszsug.jpg

47B3A228-721B-453B-A2D8-B4E136ACDA86_zpsxaekf4qi.jpg

Yeah, old 750 ml bottle, used to cost $9.99 at the end of the 60s / start of the 70s. 8) :eek: :cool:

yeah its pretty crazy for a bottle this old to stay sealed. i have looked around and havent seen anything like this one for sale anywhere

I would also be open to trade in silver and gold or something of interest

Good luck with that SA Bogan. There is some information about re collectable spirits, but most of the valuable ones appear to be rare and expensive in the first place.

DrDuck....Would it be fair to say that they would also command that price as "mint" or does damaged labels also receive that sort of attention price wise????

I have a few 1800's cordial bottles (empty) and understand a 'bit' about the real old bottles, which really is about the bottle & not the contents, but know little about 'alcohol' bottles (except drinking them lol) from a collectors pov save for rare wines like Dom Perignon.

My understanding of collecting is it's all about condition, condition, condition...

The person who gave me that estimate said that even with the labels in that condition and said it would be worth more if they were mint condition

The plus side is that none of the liquid has evaporated and the labels are still nice and bright

I just gave my son,for his 21st, a bottle of Jack Daniels that was given to me on my 21st (28 years ago)
It is a commemorative Bell Lincoln still in the box (box has a little damaged very minor) with certificates
I wonder if it will stay that way .... For how long?

Maybe he'll pass it down in 22 years for his sons 21st as well ! :lol:

they are the people who gave me the estimate - its my asking price, i am open to offers

Love my Bundy and Coke but not at that price. I have literally dozens of bottles of Bundy that have been given to me over the years Ill have to check them out I could be sitting on a rare one !! Wish people would stop giving them to me.
I only drink pre mix bundy and cola so they will never be used. Don't like it straight or mixed. Crazy but that's how it is with me LOL

GT :) :)

Reactions: Ivo
goldtruck59 said:
Love my Bundy and Coke but not at that price. I have literally dozens of bottles of Bundy that have been given to me over the years Ill have to check them out I could be sitting on a rare one !! Wish people would stop giving them to me.
I only drink pre mix bundy and cola so they will never be used. Don't like it straight or mixed. Crazy but that's how it is with me LOL

GT :) :)

Perhaps you'd like a swig from one of these GT? ..
1465192080_image.jpg

Sa_bogan said:
Looking to see if there is any interest out there. Looking to sell my bottle of bundy that was given to me from my last job from a lady who kept it from her wedding that she held at her house. I have had the information from a bundy collector site, it has the old bear and only three labels. Also the bottle is still full and sealed. Asking $2,000.00 Ono as I'm not a bundy fan, im sure there is someone out there who collects it and would appreciate it more than me
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums...C-1C3A-4627-9AD6-A0A55C3BF374_zps3yuszsug.jpg
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums...8-721B-453B-A2D8-B4E136ACDA86_zpsxaekf4qi.jpg
Last time i saw a bottle of Bundy like that was when i was about 15 and at a Melbourne Football Club do at the MCG Sa Bogan, and the bottle was empty as i'd just drunk it all.
I thought i was gunna die i was that crook, i swear my a...se was coming out of my mouth at one stage :lol: :lol: :lol:
i slept the night out on the car park lawn because i couldn't walk :eek:
To this day, just the smell of bundy makes me dry reach, haven't touched the stuff since :lol: :lol:

It's the smell i reckon, Southern Comfort has a crook smell as well imo. Give me whisky any day :lol:

Sorry for jacking your thread SA B. Back to the bidding hey?

Love my rum, into havana club now, find it really smmmoooooth, nice drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts