Port Kembla Leagues Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Andrew - aka "Mac urban" on this forum found a membership badge with his new CTX3030.
He's a bit challenged by fotos on the forum so I'm uploading his images to help out. I have photoshoped the image a bit to try to improve it.

So far he has contacted the club but they've updated their database (or something...something).
Andrew reckons it would be cool to get the badge back to its owner.
Mind you he found the badge in a spot on the outskirts of Melbourne?

Anyone live near this club or able to add any useful information... it is a long shot.

Membership number on the back is 3369 according to Andrew however it looks like 2369 to me after hitting it with photoshop
1445246251_macurban_b.jpg

1445246251_macurban_a.jpg

I grew up not too far from Port Kembla, I had been a member there in the late 80s and early 90s and used to have a similar keyring badge. Most club memberships back than were keyrings (I had several different ones). I have a workmate still involved with the leagues club I'll let him know about the keyring.

I have contacted 2 people involved in the club and they just got back to me and they couldn't find any information about whose membership it was. One of the guys is still looking as it has got his curiosity going and wants to see if he can find more info.
I'll keep you posted :)

Hi Robert
Latest update I was told that a lot of interstate truck drivers used to park at the rear of the leagues club and use to have dinner at the club so they joined up. So it seems a Victorian truck driver may have been the recipient of the badge and lost it or threw it away. They do not have any records of the members they had back than. :)

Latest posts