One ring to rule them all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSam

Samuel
Reaction score
Picked up a few coins this arvo on the beach and at mid tide mark out popped this...
1400129141_image.jpg

1400129141_image.jpg

Thought it was a junker... But when I got home I got the loupe out and it's stamped 9 carat!
Weighs in at 6.0grams.

That's pretty cool, most of those rings are just junkers, but to find a real gold one would be damned rare, bet that made you smile! :)

Nice one mate! It's that strange we both found one? I don't think mine is worth as much as yours :)

Well done. always nice to find a ring,gold at that. I wonder what the inscription is ? seems Arabic, or is that a copy of the ''RING'' ?
:)

slipped disc said:
Well done. always nice to find a ring,gold at that. I wonder what the inscription is ? seems Arabic, or is that a copy of the ''RING'' ?

Unless the ring BigSam found shows an inscription on the inside of the ring when put into the fire deep within the mountain, I would say it may be a religious or wedding ring with Arabic (or other) writing, explaining the 9k mark. A quick internet search may solve the riddle.

If it is, sorry, you cannot rule the world. :(

It could be a blokes ring who has skinny fingers, I can only just get it on my pinky finger tho...
I called it a child's ring but then my wife tried it on and it's too big for her, I am thinking it's a wedding band at this stage, will try find out more details tonight about the engraving so I can give a better report when I drop it to the cop shop.

Wally69 said:
slipped disc said:

Unless the ring BigSam found shows an inscription on the inside of the ring when put into the fire deep within the mountain, I would say it may be a religious or wedding ring with Arabic (or other) writing, explaining the 9k mark. A quick internet search may solve the riddle.

If it is, sorry, you cannot rule the world. :(
I can if I want to, haha. :p Big sam, sam from lord of the rings. of course. makes sense. :lol: