Norther new south wales

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjilm

Phil hughes
Reaction score
hi all
Hi heading out to byron bay for blues fest then driving back to adelaide over 7 days,want to do some detecting on the way back throught nsw,can anyone tell me where i could go for a swing,havent planned the route back yet so and ideas would be awsome?

If you go the more Northern route you could try around the Coffs Harbour & Armidale areas. Would need to research a bit. You could also deviate up to Tibooburra?
If you go the more Southern route there would be more options. Coffs, Armidale area, Stuart Town, Ophir, Parkes/Forbes/West Wyalong (although not sure of detecting options or suitability). Theres also areas such as Hill End, Hargraves/Windeyer, Sofala/Wattle Flat depending on how direct you want to travel.

I don't think there's much around Byron, you'd need to go a fair bit further north.
However heading back south, as Mbasko suggested, it's worth a look around the Mudgee district (Hargreave, Windyer, Sofala).
The guys at Central West Prospecting in Mudgee will give some ideas on areas to look. Hargreaves Caravan Park is a good spot to work from and the pub next door does great pizza.

Rusty said:
I don't think there's much around Byron, you'd need to go a fair bit further north.
However heading back south, as Mbasko suggested, it's worth a look around the Mudgee district (Hargreave, Windyer, Sofala).
The guys at Central West Prospecting in Mudgee will give some ideas on areas to look. Hargreaves Caravan Park is a good spot to work from and the pub next door does great pizza.
That'd be the Windeyer Caravan Park & Pub :)