Minelab SD2000 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is 3 tuning pot added look at the two hot glue gunned down below your threshold?
Unless you can work out what is going on I'd send it to a tech to just put it back standard might only cost ya $100 did you pay much for it?
Your dd coil could be sad. You need to test it on another machine.

2dqulpx.jpg

By the look of that the std dd on a sd would struggle but the 8" would see it no deeper than 1"
Have you weight it? Sometimes my sd GB in just ch2 would pick up tiny stuff but only if you knew it was there.
The gp 3000 wouldn't find a .1gram with the std dd but would with the 8" maybe 1.5" on a good day.
Will it run quietish with both coils GB? That tune pot should only be to tune out interference once Ground Balanced.
(They won't work in town)

I've ordered a set of scales off eBay, but it's got a bit of weight to it I would say about a gram

What is a recommended coil size for the 2100 either DD or mono that is not too noisy

Std 11" dd S/H on eBay $50. The 8" mono will go about the same depth but you will have to keep ground balancing mono coils the DD coils not so bad.

Oh the drama this thing is giving me.
Really thinking of sending it to ML to have it inspected, sent them an email asking what to do and just waiting a reply

Perhaps the previous owner had this same difficulty? I hope you have some luck with ML but fear they may decline, perhaps trying to contact the previous owner may help shed some light on the problem/mod.

You will have to send it to woody (link tech) minelab won't touch it and still charge you $100 plus post if your going to send it to woody might be worth looking at a few mods like the extra timings,
This will help in hot ground.

Joe just email a pic to Woody to see if he can identify who did the mod and it's full functions etc.

So far no reply on the email from ML
And the costs of Woody's mods are 1.5 times the price I even paid for the unit.
I would just rather get the thing working as it is with spending minimal $, otherwise SWMBO will separate my balls from my body for "wasting" more money on "stupid waste of time gold stuff" as she puts it

He doesn't give much away, I've asked many questions not very few replies..

Take a close up high rez photo of the "zone in question" and i'll take a peek... resistor+cap = low or high pass filtering..

So, what exactly is the problem with the detector??

I read the past posts but other than the noted "extra resistor" i couldn't pick out the issue.. let me know.

Doesn't work with dd coils, can't see even test gold with my 11" mono and after a while on the 8" mono it stops seeing anything as well.
The volume has halved between the first and 2nd trips I've done with it.
Just being a pain in the arse.
Tymor can't even get it to work

Latest posts